Pole Dancing?

Options
Hey so I've heard of this great new excercise class being offered at alot of private fitness centers
it's POLE DANCING!!!!

Now right of the bat some of you may think stripper, ut after watching a couple videos of what they do, it
looks pretty intense...

Just wondering have any of you tried it, whats it like?

Replies

• TiffyBear415_xx
    Options
    *bump*
  • HealthierIn2011
    Options
    No but I want to. A friend of mine bought the "Flirty Girl Fit" DVD's and she loves them!
  • BrickHouse2011
    BrickHouse2011 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i have tried it and i was very sore the next day, my legs and my arms wow!. it takes alot of strength from your core muscles to do all the difficult routines and lifts. Just make sure that you get great instruction and follow direction because this is intense and you can get injured if not doing it correctly. Needless to say that i have invested into gettin a pole of my own it came with a DVD and is wonderful.
  • perlah
    perlah Posts: 21
    Options
    They are so much fun! and let me tell you it's a very good workout, you'll be sore the next day, you move muscles you didn't even know they existed hahaha LOL =) I enjoy every single one of my classes, I had to stop due to $ but if I had the resources, that'll be the no.1 thing on my list. As a tip, when I did the first class, I used regular tennis shoes, then I realized wearing heels is much better, you can slide better and your posture improves 110%
  • sbarrett7171
    sbarrett7171 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Pictures please! LOL
  • wdnesia
    wdnesia Posts: 3
    Options
    I have tried it and yes it is alot of lifting your own body weight.. alot of upper body strength needed.. I like it but makes you very sore..
    I thought about how when I was a kid a played on monkey bars.. you could do flips and tricks.. well now your old and need that monkey bar body again.. lol
    But it's muscles you just don't use every day..