3 easy helpful tips!

Options
I just heard on 'Rachael Rae' about "The 4 hour body". The author gave 3 of his tips for weight loss and toning, and I just tried one that took all of 3 minutes, and I really feel the burn!

1. For toning arms/back - stand up and hold one hand over the opposite wrist/arm. Count 5 seconds as you lift with the wrist arm and resist with the hand arm. Then, count to 5 seconds as you lower them, still holding the resistance. He says do this 80 seconds each arm. I felt the burn, and did it a second time and felt it in my back muscles. How easy is that. Do this once a day. I don't know about you, but I have 5 minutes a day to do this!

2. He says to eat around 30g. of protein within 30 minutes of waking up in the a.m. Haven't done this, but it's worth a try.

3. If you are going to an event that will challenge your portion control, try drinking 8 oz. of FRESHLY squeezed grapefruit juice. NOT PROCESSED! It curbs your appetite and will help burn what you eat. Again, haven't done this, but easily worth a try.

Just thought I'd share these items. MFP friends have helped me imensely, and I want to do what I can to return the favor. Good Luck to all!!

Replies

• karenkwalker
    karenkwalker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Love tips like this! Thanks for sharing.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Cool! Thanks!
  • slimmedawn
    slimmedawn Posts: 33
    Options
    wow just tried the 1st tip now ....it works!!!!! i really felt it :) will try the others too ...thanks :)
  • hunny1978
    hunny1978 Posts: 16
    Options
    thanks for sharing :)
  • sherryberry07
    Options
    Bump
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump :)
  • rachellynn140
    rachellynn140 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the awesome tips! I will certainly try these!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I have been doing that arm thing for years. I was doing it in church the other day because i didnt get a workout in and i knew i was about go eat some not so healthy foods.
  • spifferbella
    Options
    i tried the first one also; but wonders how she is gonna get in 30g of protein in 30 minutes of wakening...
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    i tried the first one also; but wonders how she is gonna get in 30g of protein in 30 minutes of wakening...

I'm wondering the same thing. I'll try egg beaters, low fat/low sodium cheese, lean/low sodium meat or (the auther suggested lentils). May not get to 30g's, but will try to get close. ??? And, lots of water!!!! :)
  • nburns325
    nburns325 Posts: 174
    Options
    Thanks Nancy, you're awesome!!!!
  • nibblerbigcat
    Options
    I could see how tips #1 and #2 could help you, but 30 grams of protein 30 min into waking?! If I did that it would be over half of my daily allowance for protein. And I wouldn't want to consume that much protein that early! Research is now suggesting that eating a big breakfast in the morning actually does NOT help with weight loss. Eating a healthy, albeit small, breakfast, however, does! I feel that eating 30 grams of protein 30 min into waking is not only impractical but could potentially make you eat too much protein throughout the day, which isn't good for you.
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Great Book, been experimenting with a few things I've learned from it this week. Not hopping on the scale til Saturday, in the middle of a tough plateau here, but I feel thinner after 4 days in my waist as my pants certainly feel loser again.
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Here's a video of Tim showing you how he makes his high protein breakfast in just 3 minutes each morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd-7a_wdVZk
  • eatmydust2
    eatmydust2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    HI all ,

If you have never done a 30-50 gram protien breakfast....you don't know what you are missing .
    It is simple , at dinner the night before, make enough for breakfast, extra piece of cod or chicken,beef what ever you have left over, 30 grams add a slice of avocado,spinach tb of olive oil or flax s & p .... you will not be hungry the rest of the day... it is amazing the energy you have starting out the day like this way. I will never go back to cardboard & micro food....

whole Eggs with broc,spinach,avocado,salsa yum takes 5 mins and not that micro yuck he made in the video above post put up

cook on sunday greased 9x13 or a muffin pan mix 12 whole eggs,spinach,hard raw cheese,
    (bacon or sausage bits pre-cooked)
    what ever else you like salsa,mushrooms dump it cook at 350 tell done knife pulls out clean cut up eat all week for breakfast.

ask your butcher to cut really thin porkchops love this cooks in 5 mins smoother it with some whole eggs and veggies

I am never hungry........ I never crave sweets.....I don't eat grains or processed foods most days only eat 2 meals and no snacks just not hungry .. If your hungry all the time add in a little health fat your body needs it, olives ,olive oil,avocado,coconut oil & coconutmilk,flax

coffee freeze- cold coffee, 1 TB flax or olive oil,hand full of ice, 1/2 scoop vanilla &1/2 scoop choc. 100 % whey protien
    blend on high.....
    better then starbucks and with out all the guilt .... thats =29 grams pro. depending on which protien you use grab a piece of bacon and a apple yumm favorite breakfast

www.Marksdailyapple.com - primal blue print most followers there do this daily there are lots of recipes there also to give you some more Ideas if you want to try out high protien breakfast... gl & enjoy
  • abbysmommy7
    abbysmommy7 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Bump :smile: