Question on how MFP figures calories burned

Options
So, yesterday I did the exact same workout as today. I have not "weighed in" or changed anything between yesterday and today.

However, yesterday it gave me credit for burning 597 calories, and today only 574.

Can anyone account for this difference? Has this happened to you?

Sarah

Replies

• Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    That's only 3 calories. Don't worry about just 3 calories. If you want to be accurate invest in a heart rate monitor. Mine was only $72 off of Amazon.com. It will tell you exactly how much you are burning each time based on the personal information you enter into it. I have found since I got mine that the MFP exercise database is not very accurate on many of the exercises they list.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    nope! and that's the exact reason I don't trust it!

I use a heart rate monitor that takes my personal stats, and calcultes it more specifically to me. Uses a continuous reading of my heart rate via a chest strap and srist watch type receiver/calculator. POLAR FT4 -

Think about investing - you will be glad you did :bigsmile:

hope you get some better answers :grumble:
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh. I haven't really gone off of the MFPs numbers much, I either have gone by what the treadmill says or my HRM, so I haven't noticed that. But that kinda bugs!
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    That's only 3 calories. Don't worry about just 3 calories. If you want to be accurate invest in a heart rate monitor. Mine was only $72 off of Amazon.com. It will tell you exactly how much you are burning each time based on the personal information you enter into it. I have found since I got mine that the MFP exercise database is not very accurate on many of the exercises they list.

It's more than 3 calories.