Howdy

Options
Howdy from Texas. I just joined a gym a few weeks ago and this site was recommended by one of the trainers to track food and exercise. I've been logging progress for a few weeks now. I have been interested in diet and nutrition for a few years now and have done quite a bit of reading/studying on the subject. I have come to the conclusion that a Primal diet is bound to be the way we were meant to eat as people. I have had good luck eating in this manner in years past. I am curious as to where this site gets it's daily diet recommendations from. I am always way under on the recommended carb intake (not suprising).

I try not to eat anything processed and eat meats from animals that I have killed myself. My theory is that I only eat meats, vegetables, fruits and nuts......if I can't kill it or pick it myself, I don't put it in my mouth.

Replies

• sbarrett7171
    sbarrett7171 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I went in for a check up 5 years ago and my cholesterol was 252. I began eating in the manner I described and even though I raised my daily intake of fat and cholesterol, I have dropped my cholesterol level down to 206 as of a few weeks ago.
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting this new journey! I think this website is fantastic, and I have me so many new friends for support. Feel free to friend me if you need more motivation!