Going to Madison, Wisconsin - what to see?

Options
2»

Replies

• angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    you can bring me lunch at the capitol.

HAHA, that would be awesome :laugh:

It is worth a visit actually. It's one of the better state capitols. After that you can hit up state street which has some decent shops and restaurants.
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I believe Noah'ark the worlds largest water park is near there, you will see corn fields everywhere..you might google cheese factorys and get to tourist one...a lot of Amish have bread and breakfast Inns they don't like being stared at or there pictures taken ask permission first....my husband said the other day there ought to be an Amish theme park like the ones where you live the life of a cowboy for a week, but you unplug learn to milk cows make cheese till the soil. I would do it
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    After reading all these responses(mine as well) I've come to the realization that I live in a boring state.

I think you would be better off to just keep driving until you hit the west coast. Move along nothing to see here.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend taking a side trip to Spring Green, WI and going to the House on the Rock. It's amazing, and people from all over the world visit it. I've been there 5 times, and love going every time. My hubby & I went there on our honeymoon, and again for our 10 year anniversary. You can spend the entire day there, and still possibly not see everything they have!

Here's the website for more details www.houseontherock.com

definite +1 for this! I was there once for several hours and didn't even get to see everything, but that was a long time ago.

I know there are also a bunch of amish people on the south side of madison as we drove by a bunch on the way to and from.

If you're going to Iowa / Kansas to just see large corn fields, you can do that in Wisconsin as well, just drive to the outskirts of madison. Essentially the entire midwest is one large corn / bean field :laugh: If you really wanted to see cows up close and get the full experience, you could go visit my dad on the dairy farm where he works, would be about a 2 hour drive from either madison or chicago.

I don't know if there is a drive-in theater closer to madison than Monroe, but that is the one I've always gone to. It is on the south side of monroe just outside of town on Highway 69.