High's and Low's...

Options
Warning: This is just me rambling about my day so far! Read at your own risk!!

This morning started off kind of crummy, as I knew it would. I had a mini-binge last night after work and didn't work out (therefore ruining my 13 day streak!), so when I woke up this morning and weighed, I was up .4 from yesterday. Knew I would be, so I was okay with only a .4 weight gain, but still dissapointed.

Crummy morning turned into a GREAT morning as I went for my morning run (35 minutes!) and then came home and did the Biggest Loser Workout with Bob. After my shower I cleaned the house and got all ready for my DH's grandparents to come visit.

I had an appt. to check out a gym today, so DH and I were getting ready to leave, and I pulled out my "fat" shorts, knowing I would need them. Uh...They didn't fit!! Had to dig around in old clothes for some shorts that I wore right after my daughter was born 2 years ago. Put me back in a terribly sad mood.

Went to the gym and looked around-Absolutely :heart: ed it!! I'm so excited to start working out there! I signed up and already chose the classes I want to take and everything! That boosted my mood quite a bit...

But then I was looking at a magazine and saw an article written about a girl who had her stomach banded and is now a size 12, which is what I'm currently wearing. To me, though, she looked bigger than I am. I asked my husband if I looked like her and his reply was, "Well, your arms are skinnier." What?!? So I really AM that big? Yet another blow.

I am just READY to lose this weight...And I feel like it's not happening and I'm getting discouraged. I'm not going to give up though. I'm still logging all of my food, and of course I'm still working out-I just signed up for a gym membership! Gotta use that! I know the weight will come off...I just have to be patient.

Replies

• NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Warning: This is just me rambling about my day so far! Read at your own risk!!

This morning started off kind of crummy, as I knew it would. I had a mini-binge last night after work and didn't work out (therefore ruining my 13 day streak!), so when I woke up this morning and weighed, I was up .4 from yesterday. Knew I would be, so I was okay with only a .4 weight gain, but still dissapointed.

Crummy morning turned into a GREAT morning as I went for my morning run (35 minutes!) and then came home and did the Biggest Loser Workout with Bob. After my shower I cleaned the house and got all ready for my DH's grandparents to come visit.

I had an appt. to check out a gym today, so DH and I were getting ready to leave, and I pulled out my "fat" shorts, knowing I would need them. Uh...They didn't fit!! Had to dig around in old clothes for some shorts that I wore right after my daughter was born 2 years ago. Put me back in a terribly sad mood.

Went to the gym and looked around-Absolutely :heart: ed it!! I'm so excited to start working out there! I signed up and already chose the classes I want to take and everything! That boosted my mood quite a bit...

But then I was looking at a magazine and saw an article written about a girl who had her stomach banded and is now a size 12, which is what I'm currently wearing. To me, though, she looked bigger than I am. I asked my husband if I looked like her and his reply was, "Well, your arms are skinnier." What?!? So I really AM that big? Yet another blow.

I am just READY to lose this weight...And I feel like it's not happening and I'm getting discouraged. I'm not going to give up though. I'm still logging all of my food, and of course I'm still working out-I just signed up for a gym membership! Gotta use that! I know the weight will come off...I just have to be patient.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself!!! You just started!! Yes, you are right, you have to be patient. As long as you are consistent the weight will come off, you will see...I started on here back in January and I just reached my goal, lost 23 lbs. It can get frustrating but you can do it!!!! I am not saying it will take you 8 months to lose it, everybody is different. But it will not be overnight, you know that. Just hang in there, be strong!! And congrats on your gym membership!! That is a good motivator!! :flowerforyou:
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    By your photo you are a beautiful women,Don,t get upset about your weight.I weigh 178 and i am 57 it is going to take time.Take one dat at a time:smile: