I have nerver worked so hard on....

Options
:laugh: Making homemade chili before! Not that actually making it was particularly difficult, I do this every Fall and Winter, mind you. But, then after it all was assembled, and put in the oven to bake nicely (can you smell the aroma yet?)... I went to SparkPeole to create the recipe! :noway: Wow! Did that take for friggin ever :noway: But now it's in our MFP database, and Ezzie and I can safely log it as a meal! And yes, my chili is something special, hand crafted, with the pride and care that only a Sparkle Kilt can deliver :bigsmile: :drinker: Bon appetit! :laugh:

Replies

• jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Making homemade chili before! Not that actually making it was particularly difficult, I do this every Fall and Winter, mind you. But, then after it all was assembled, and put in the oven to bake nicely (can you smell the aroma yet?)... I went to SparkPeole to create the recipe! :noway: Wow! Did that take for friggin ever :noway: But now it's in our MFP database, and Ezzie and I can safely log it as a meal! And yes, my chili is something special, hand crafted, with the pride and care that only a Sparkle Kilt can deliver :bigsmile: :drinker: Bon appetit! :laugh:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Do we get the recipe??? :happy:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    yeah .. i was just thinking how good a good chilli would be..
    but mom is not around to make some ..

recipe please ??
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    OK, but it's only fair to let ya know that this is my down and dirty version. I use cans of stuff (not gonna make homemade tomoato sauce, etc, or beans, etc), but it IS prettty darn good! Even Ezzie, who isn't a real chili-aholic, likes this stuff. Oh yeah, I would be remiss if I didn't tell ya that Ez luvs hers with some shredded chees, and sour cream on top! :drinker: And ya just gotta have a beer with... Enjoy My Fall Peeps!! :drinker:

Ingredients

1 lb grd beef
    1 lb grd venison
    4 sm yellow onion, chopped
    1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
    1 jar of Great Northern Beans
    1 can ea red kidney, and black beans
    minced garlic
    your fave hot sauce
    i can mushrooms
    2 cans tomato sauce
    1 sm can tomato paste

Directions

Brown the beef in a 2 gallon pot, adding your fave hot sauce (so that the meat stays "warm", add in garlic, and then the chopped veggies, constantly stirring. Then add in all the canned stuff, still stirring. After it comes to a boil (use the LOWEST heat setting, or you'll burn the meat!), then I transfer to the oven, preheated to 175º. Bake for a good, long time! After a couple of hours, let cool (really), then reheat and eat. Yum :)

Number of Servings: 15

Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JAMERZ3294.
    Number of Servings: 15
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    YAY! What is it called in database?
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    Actually, in our MFP database, it's called B and J's Fall Fun Chili :drinker:
    In sparkPeople it's named Jamie's Fall Chili, and my user id is jamerz3294 (sounds vaguely familiar, huh? :wink: )
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    I would ask for all the nutrition info to add to the actual recipe....but that'd be mean :tongue:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    thanks a million !!
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    It's already in there!! Thats why I did first on SparkPeople, to figure out all the nutrition! And it's only 238 calories a bowl! So eat up, it's actually healthy for ya! Oh Shannon, do you need a nother glass of wine now? :drinker:
    I'm having my first test bowl... and it's pretty good! :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok I am making chili tomorrow!:flowerforyou:
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    Hehehehe... good thing I didn't have too much chili last night, or else the people sitting next to me in church would really have :noway: :grumble: The only good chili is chili that has repurcussive effects after a few bowls! :devil: