"nothing" crackers?

Options
I was reading a thread about hummus the other day. I've never tried it, but the garlic hummus sounded so good to me that I just bought some. I bought some mini carrots to go with it, but, I was wondering if anyone knew of a "good" cracker that had pretty much "nothing" in it for cals, carbs, etc.

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I was reading a thread about hummus the other day. I've never tried it, but the garlic hummus sounded so good to me that I just bought some. I bought some mini carrots to go with it, but, I was wondering if anyone knew of a "good" cracker that had pretty much "nothing" in it for cals, carbs, etc.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I grill up a 1/2 pita crunchy and use the hummus as my protein for a snack. I spritz both sides of the pita and grill it on my george forman grill.

Look for crackers with low sugar, high fiber, whole grains.Eating a saltiine is like eating nothing for nutrients.

I love my hummus!! crunchy carrots, broc, cauli, celery...yummy!
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Wasa Fiber Crispbread - 35 cals per cracker, and the crackers are about 2 1/2" wide x 5" long. I think Wasa has another cracker (close to the same size) that is only 25 cals - it's like the low calorie version or something.
  • luvchi3
    luvchi3 Posts: 167
    Options
    i usually use flat out flatbreads, they are like 90 calories and lots of fiber and protein, they really fill me up, i just tear off little pieces and dip in the hummus
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    I don't know a cracker that has nothing in it but I do like the Kashi TLC crackers and I also like hummus with the Garden of Eatin' low sodium blue tortilla chips!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I like the melba snacks with hummus. Either the garlic or rye flavored melba snacks. Also, the Josephs brand roasted red pepper hummus is AMAZING!

I sometimes even just use a Josephs tortilla and put one serving of the hummus on it and roll it up! DELISH!
  • jazpiri
    jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    lightly salted rice cakes work well
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Cracked Pepper Water Crackers-- available in any grocery store-- 4 crackers for 60 calories.

They're yummy!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Wasa Fiber Crispbread - 35 cals per cracker, and the crackers are about 2 1/2" wide x 5" long. I think Wasa has another cracker (close to the same size) that is only 25 cals - it's like the low calorie version or something.

These are very tasty and if you're in the mood for something crunchy this hits the spot...I use Neufanel (sp) Cheese on it or tuna salad or though I haven't gotten or made hummus yet had planned on trying that on it as well.

I get the Wasa Sourdough Crispbread ones...they are listed in the MFP food so you can see the calorie/nutrient contents.

Enjoy:drinker: