1/2 pound a day for 66 days

Options
I want lose a 1/2 lb a day for the next 66 days AT LEAST! I want to lose it and keep it gone. I'm trying a mixture of things including: elliptical running, pavement running (training for a marathon), P90X workouts and eating low fat and low carbs.

Currently I am 215 lbs and this would put me back down to 182 lbs, which is about what I weighed when I got married in 2007.

Do you think it is possible? Is it healthy?

Replies

• Jessica5000
    Options
    Well I think .5lbs to 2lbs a week is considered healthy. But your goals sound awesome. Wish I could do that. Good Luck!
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    Of course it is possible! There is a setting where you can set how much you want to loose!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    that's 3.5 pounds per week. i expect you might lose that the first few weeks, but it will gradually taper off. just be determined and consistent - not reckless. you don't want to burn out or harm your body. best of luck to you!
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    With a healthy diet and exercise program, you can expect to lose 1-2lbs per week. With your exercise plan, I definitely think it would be possible for you to lose 0.5lbs every day, but you have to remember that if you are working out, the scale won't always go down right away. Muscle is denser than fat, so I would recommend measuring yourself with a measuring tape as well, that way you will know you are shrinking, even if the scale doesn't show immediate results.

So instead of aiming for 0.5 a day, just say, 30 pounds in 66 days. That is basically your goal, but you will have an easier time reaching it because you won't have to rely on a loss each day.

I think you definitely have a great plan, and you know what you want, so you should go for it!
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    wow! that's exactly what i wanna do but over 90days instead!! :noway: i hope we can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    When I first started I lost 4 lbs per week. Make sure you're drinking lots of water and stick to your calories eating HEALTHY foods, not junk. It's not going to be easy, but it IS possible.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    You'll need to either cut or burn 1750 calories a day.

You could probably do it initially, but that rate will slow down as you get closer to your goal weight since you'll burn fewer calories working out.

Also, with that much working out, you'll find you'll need to be eating more to fuel your body.

You should adjust your expectations accordingly.
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Be careful because the more drastic your weight loss the more likely that you are losing muscle mass in the process.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    my average after day 100 is .4lbs a day; at one point in the beginning it was .5lbs to .6lbs, but the average has simmered down as ive lost the 40lbs in the 100days. and this was with little to no excercise; so if i can loose this amount without excercise; id imagine youd be just fine.

HOWEVER Even though ive been on here now for 14 weeks; nearly half of that time ive been plateaued. (3weeks one time, 2weeks another, 1 week another; then the couple days here and there of no loss)... DO NOT EXPECT TO SEE THIS LOSS EVERYDAY, but maybe an average over time might get you that number.

But 3.5lbs a week is ALOT; me going from 313 to 274 has been no problem to loose that amount; but it will be much much harder for someone who starts at a much lower weight. The goal shouldnt be how fast can i loose, it NEEDS to be "how can i loose" because losing is only a small part of this step; the major part of it is keeping it off afterwards and not gaining it back; so yea, maybe losing 3.5lbs a week MINIMUM can be done, but will it be healthy for you?? Probably not.

The last few pounds is the hardest; so seeing as you need to loose only 30pounds, im not sure that this goal is realistic for you. because maybe it might work for awhile, when u get down to 200 or 190, youll really slow down.

ALSO, im happy with losing as slow as my body wants because i dont want to be left with any excess skin!!! Im so scared of excess skin!! So give your body time to get the ultimate body!