Ragnar Relay....what to pack??

Options
carajo
carajo Posts: 532 Member
I'm running in the Ragnar this weekend, my legs cover about 20 miles of the 200ish!! My first one is around 11 am friday, then 2am saturday, and finishing one saturday around 12pm! Sooo what to eat the day before?? do i workout the day before?? Strength maybe or yoga? And what must haves to carry in the van? I have protein shakes, peanut butter, nuts and seeds, any other suggestions? THANKS!!!!!

Replies

• MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    carbs for energy. carb loading is a tradtion before running. Although studies suggest that women don't benefit from carb loading teh way men do until they get to the ultra marathon distance but it can't hurt. Good luck. have an awesome time. i hope the weather's just perfect, not too hot, not too wet. i wish i could run *sigh*
  • arl1997
    arl1997 Posts: 8
    Options
    How did your ragnar go? What worked and what didn't? I am doing the ragnar from Crhatanooga to Nashville in November and I'm super excited!!
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I'm running in the Ragnar this weekend, my legs cover about 20 miles of the 200ish!! My first one is around 11 am friday, then 2am saturday, and finishing one saturday around 12pm! Sooo what to eat the day before?? do i workout the day before?? Strength maybe or yoga? And what must haves to carry in the van? I have protein shakes, peanut butter, nuts and seeds, any other suggestions? THANKS!!!!!

Just eat carbs and protein. I did the first AZ Ragnar (18 mile leg- HILLY), and we just made sure we kept our carb levels up. Also, we brought an ice chest for water and snacks. Remember that you aren't running 20 miles all at once, and you'll likely have 7-8 hours between running legs. That's plenty of time to refuel, stretch, and rehydrate (and repeat and repeat and repeat). It was a blast, I only wish I was able to join my team last year again. It is very addicting!