Slim in 6

misssimone08
misssimone08 Posts: 40
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
Has any of you tried this workout DVD? I have and i had great results but the thing is i quit after the 4th week. After seeing the same people for 4 weeks straight 6 days a week i got tired of it. I was thinking i should try it again and was wondering if anyone wold like to join me to keep me motivated. Maybe if i have someone to talk to about the workouts and how their handling it i would keep going no matter how bored i got.

Replies

• DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    I did it years ago it was ok until day 3 my friends begged me to stopped because i was limping so much. I know "soreness" is a sign it works but i was crippled by it ... but after day 6ish i was bored to death and she cant count! but i stuck with it for 3 weeks and saw a change in my thighs thats it
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    I love the slim series dvds...tear it up and tone it up are my favs! They keep you motivated because there is like 6 diferent ones to choose from! I did slim in six, then bought the others and i still use them!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    I did it for a while...she is very encouraging and not an aggressive trainor. I ordered the 6 DVD set from beachbody.com after working out with the original for a while. I am like you and just get bored sometimes. Right now I am doing Chalene Extreme. I think you would like it. She trains alot the same....very encouraging. But Chalene adds weights. There are some slimn6ers out there. Look in the forums for some groups. Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • LaCubana9
    LaCubana9 Posts: 112
    Heya, chickie! Slim In 6 made me lose 81 lbs in about a year! It IS worth sticking with for a while. But after you're fed up, trade it for Turbo Jam! Chalene Johnson motivates me much more than Debbie Seibers does, any day! And Turbo Jam doesn't even feel like a work out! It's fun & dancey & burns TONS of calories (not to mention creating a waist line!!!). One thing to keep from Slim In 6 is their approach to eating! They have given me the very foundation to my new way of life! But I got bored with Slim In 6's work outs, quit doing them, had a bad break up, gained a lot of weight back, but now finding something new again made me go back down to the minus 81 lb mark again (& I'm still at it!). The trick to being passionate about fitness and working out is to find something that you love! Go on to beachbody.com & take a look around. If Turbo Jam doesn't look like your thing, Shawn T's Hip Hop Abs looks hella fun & Yoga Booty Ballet looks interesting, too! Friend me if ya want! We can chat more! Just keep it going and keep the joy in it by picking something you won't drag your feet to do! Right now, I'm mixing up Turbo Jam with another Chalene Johnson program called ChaLean Extreme & next I'll be getting Turbo Fire! You gotta remember, your body ALWAYS LOVES change in working out and will respond even better AND you'll keep your interest wide awake! Hope this helps! :flowerforyou:
  • wow i didnt know there were more DVDs after the first 3
  • what kind of results did you have? weight loss or toning, or both?
  • I lost 5 pounds and 11 inches and my arms and claves toned up a lot
This discussion has been closed.