It was my first.....

Options
APPLE PIE!

Hi, my name is Ali, I am 31 years old, and have never made an apple pie. One of my co-workers gave me a big bag of apples from her parents tree so today my 6 year old and I just made 2 apple pies.

My house now smells like heaven and I have a beautiful pie cooling on the rack with smoke streaming off the top like a commercial.

We are going to my parents house for dinner tonight and I am going to bring one of the pies for dessert. My father, the pie master, will be OOOHHHHHHH so impressed.

Best part of it is....I hate pie.....
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ali

Replies

• alimassa
    Options
    APPLE PIE!

Hi, my name is Ali, I am 31 years old, and have never made an apple pie. One of my co-workers gave me a big bag of apples from her parents tree so today my 6 year old and I just made 2 apple pies.

My house now smells like heaven and I have a beautiful pie cooling on the rack with smoke streaming off the top like a commercial.

We are going to my parents house for dinner tonight and I am going to bring one of the pies for dessert. My father, the pie master, will be OOOHHHHHHH so impressed.

Best part of it is....I hate pie.....
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ali
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    haha, that is the best part indeed!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Apple pie is the best. We went apple picking last weekend, went a little overboard. Went home with THIRTY-FIVE POUNDS of apples!!! I have made 3 pans of apple crisp so far....maybe a pie or two is in the future.
  • alimassa
    Options
    Oh I love apple crisp. Why the heck didnt I make that? I would have eaten that and it would have smelled just as good. :sad: :sad:
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I want to smell too
    :drinker: :drinker:
    way to go on the domestic front!!
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    Sounds like fun! I bet your parents will enjoy it!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I bet your house does smell great. No Yankee Candles needed. :laugh:

My niece went apple picking and made apple pie & apple crisp.

She is bringing some over tomorrow.

Well, I can't hurt her feelings. I have to try them. :noway:

:flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    don't forget to bring vanilla ice cream. oooh or a little grated cheddar. yummy :embarassed:
  • jnb0203
    jnb0203 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Oh I love APPLE PIE!!!!! Yummy! Congrats on making it.

I love a simple Apple Crisp recipe that a friend of mine gave me and she uses it in a nursing home.

You take one or two cans of apple pie filling and put it in a greased baking dish. Then you simply melt some butter, add oatmeal and brown sugar until its crumbly. Then spread that over top of the apples and sprinkle with a slight bit of cinnamon and sugar. Bake long enough until the top is golden brown. Its very good! Although I'm sure high in calories, but I assume that it could be lowered by using healthy substitutes such as splenda brown sugar and splenda, etc.

I need to go by a yankee candle now...my mouth is watering!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Oh I love APPLE PIE!!!!! Yummy! Congrats on making it.

I love a simple Apple Crisp recipe that a friend of mine gave me and she uses it in a nursing home.

You take one or two cans of apple pie filling and put it in a greased baking dish. Then you simply melt some butter, add oatmeal and brown sugar until its crumbly. Then spread that over top of the apples and sprinkle with a slight bit of cinnamon and sugar. Bake long enough until the top is golden brown. Its very good! Although I'm sure high in calories, but I assume that it could be lowered by using healthy substitutes such as splenda brown sugar and splenda, etc.

I need to go by a yankee candle now...my mouth is watering!

I wish they would make apple pie filling that wasn't crunchy!! I make a cornstarch, water, sugar, vanilla glaze to toss my fresh apples in. Then I top them with real butter (bad I know, but SO good), oatmeal, brown sugar, flour, and cinammon. Yup, pretty much right up there with good lovin! :blushing:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    My mother in law and me always make lots of apple sauce during this season. My hubby loves to eat applesauce for breakfast. So we freeze alot of it and then I always have some. He heats his up I prefer mine cold so I usually dont eat to much of it. We dont add any sugar or butter until hubby heats it up so it is actually very good for you.

Connie