Off subject...but need advice!

Options
2»

Replies

• Newman4AU
    Options
    I have a degree in HR, and while I am a production manager I also do a lot of interviews for both internal and external hiring ( I am also an on-campus recruiter for a local university). I have done literally hundreds of interviews, and the color of someones shirt has yet to matter. What matters most is a proven track record of accomplishment where you have worked, and are you trainable to our environment. We work swing shifts at our plant, so I routinely interview people coming off the third shift. If I am told by the person I am interviewing that I came to the interview straight from my other job - especially the third shift- it tells me two things. He/she is very interested in the job I am offering, and very loyal to where he works. I have interviewed people in suits, and people covered in grease, and I am more impressed with someone who can articulate their accomplishments and goals than someone who dresses well. Please tell your husband to relax, be himself ( not what he thinks they want) and think before he answers questions. Too often people rush to answer questions without thinking things through. It is okay ( and refreshing) to have someone say " can you explain that question" or " can I have a moment to formulate my answer". I would also tell your husband to have some questions thought out ahead of time for the person doing the interview ( not how much money will I make) but questions about the process, what a typical day of work would be like, how can an individual contribute to the company's success, etc. Most important is to relax, be yourself, and be ready to honestly (without bragging) list how you contribute to your current job. I am anxious to hear how the interview goes, and good luck!
  • jnb0203
    jnb0203 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the advice!

Newman4AU...I want a degree in HR. I'm working on a BS in social work but I want to go on and get a masters in HR. It's good to hear a response such as yours!

The night before the interview he went into work for a co-worker who was ill. He was supposed to be off but if they call him he will for the most part always go in. Well he works as a pizza delivery driver and one of his deliveries was to the hotel where his interview was to be the next morning. He happened to deliver to one of the interviewers!! This was on night shift and he was in there early for the interview the next morning. Well the person who was to interview him was the same guy he had delivered too and since they had that encounter they passed him to another interviewer. I think it was kind of funny though.

The day after he had his interview they sent us an email congratulating him. We were expecting a phone call or rejection letter by mail and didn't expect a email. Well I checked his email yesterday and saw the email. I emailed the HR person back and then she emailed us back with the job offer letter and instructions for the physical exam, drug test, and strength test. So we will see how that goes!

I'm still in shock. I keep thinking they've made a mistake or something. I didn't think we would hear from them that quick. But I will tell you this I'm very happy and not only that but happy about the support and prayers we have recieved from our family, friends, and you guys on here! It really means a lot and I want everyone to know that while I don't know you personally, your support and reponses makes me feel as if we've been friends for years. Thank you everyone! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I'm so glad that went so well and I hope he really enjoys his new job!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Wow that ROCKS!!
    When something is right, it is RIGHT!! Way to go!!
  • Miz_T
    Miz_T Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'd go with a black suit.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Miz_T wrote: »

Zombie thread much?!
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options

What a great way to resurrect an 8 year old thread!

(Not picking on you, just thought it was hilarious - thank you!)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »

How do people find such old threads?!
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »

How do people find such old threads?!

I have no idea - often wondered just what they were searching for. But at least people are using the search function.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Weirdest zombie revival ever, but I enjoyed reading it. OP's enthusiasm was infectious.