Help please...best choices at this restaurant?

Options
cenafan
cenafan Posts: 398 Member
I am going on vacation next week and we are going to this restaurant....

no nutritional info is available and (honestly) I don't know what half of it is. LOL

what would you choose? (and...we have $100 to spend between two people...eeekkk!)

http://www.calabellarestaurant.com/menu.asp

right now I'm thinking the salmon.

thoughts?

Replies

• DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    definitely salmon..
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    "Roasted eggplant and shrimp" looks pretty safe.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    The snapper is going to be fairly high in sodium, but should be low calorie. The salmon is cooked in a honey glaze so it will be high in sugar.
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    The snapper is going to be fairly high in sodium, but should be low calorie. The salmon is cooked in a honey glaze so it will be high in sugar.

good eye! missed it.. saw salmon.. and was like.. yeah.. thats good..
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    The asiago chicken should be a good choice too. I know Applebee's asiago steak is very low calorie so chicken should be even better.
  • kklemencic
    kklemencic Posts: 45
    Options
    Red snapper or the salmon. Although the Asiago Chicken sounds very tasty.
  • dogdaze
    dogdaze Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I would go for the salmon or snapper. Eggplant can sop up lots of fat without appearing greasy and I have heard a (well documented) horror story from one of my friends who thought she was being healthy when she went out with friends but was later horrified by the online nutritional information when she encountered shrimp at a local restaurant that were injected with butter to keep them really succulent on the grill.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    I would go for the salmon or snapper. Eggplant can sop up lots of fat without appearing greasy and I have heard a (well documented) horror story from one of my friends who thought she was being healthy when she went out with friends but was later horrified by the online nutritional information when she encountered shrimp at a local restaurant that were injected with butter to keep them really succulent on the grill.

I realize you called that a horror story, but that sounds so good! The eggplant and shrimp dish is an appetizer anyway. I realized that after I posted.
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    not sure about what the restuarant serves; but u can ask questions about meals; like what they use for cooking, fat, or ask them if they have a health chart to show all the calories, and fat. If this doesn't work request something on the meal to be cooked the way u want it to be cooked. They have to do this if u request. hope this helps some. rita
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    Options
    Omg my company is having our conference here next month lol now i will know what kind of food might be available we will be there a whole week ! wow thanks that is so funny
  • cenafan
    Options
    thanks everyone!!!

I love this site!

I have gotten better about at home choices. I feel like a fish out of water making healthier choices in restaurants still. It's the hidden stuff.

<3
  • cenafan
    Options
    Omg my company is having our conference here next month lol now i will know what kind of food might be available we will be there a whole week ! wow thanks that is so funny

LOL! small world!