I don't wanna be one of "those" people...

Options
2»

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I think I'll disagree with a lot of these people and (after looking at your food and exercise diary) say the following:

IF you are tracking accurately, you are not eating enough. As for what another person said, you are most definitely not building muscle. I would also be hesitant about adding things to the diary like food preparation, unless you are doing some hard core chopping, stirring your food at 100 RPM, etc. though adding in your walking is good.

Keep going, track everything, increase your walking speed or go longer (check out www.c25k.com), and you will see results.

edit: I just saw your comment about changing your food diary, thus my food comment incorrect. I wouldn't worry about being over some sodium every day, especially if you drink a lot of water. All sodium does is make you retain some water, unless you consume it in vast quantities.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I think I'll disagree with a lot of these people and (after looking at your food and exercise diary) say the following:

IF you are tracking accurately, you are not eating enough. As for what another person said, you are most definitely not building muscle. I would also be hesitant about adding things to the diary like food preparation, unless you are doing some hard core chopping, stirring your food at 100 RPM, etc. though adding in your walking is good.

Keep going, track everything, increase your walking speed or go longer (check out www.c25k.com), and you will see results.

Like I said, my diary got screwed up and erased a lot of food from before this week. This week is accurate though. That's why you're seeing a lack of calories some days. I log everything.

WHY am I not building muscle?.... I've not been logging my weight training, just my cardio since that's where the calories come from, but I've been doing all the machines every time I go to the gym.

***Haha, I just saw your edit, so that's why i'm editing...but seriously...I would be gaining muscle, right?
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I would add Fat to your categories to look at. Well I agree that sodium is very high, take a look at your fat numbers as well.

Mine was an eye opener!!!!! You are right that with the water you drink you flush some of the sodium out but not that much....

The amount of water you should be drinking each day Take your weight divide by 2, take that number as the total amount of OZs you need....divide that number by 8 and that is the minimum you need! Make sure you are drinking even more at the gym....outside what your daily amount should be.....

Watch sodium of course but add fat to your profile....
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I would add Fat to your categories to look at. Well I agree that sodium is very high, take a look at your fat numbers as well.

Mine was an eye opener!!!!! You are right that with the water you drink you flush some of the sodium out but not that much....

The amount of water you should be drinking each day Take your weight divide by 2, take that number as the total amount of OZs you need....divide that number by 8 and that is the minimum you need! Make sure you are drinking even more at the gym....outside what your daily amount should be.....

Watch sodium of course but add fat to your profile....

sorry just to add I just did the calculation based on the weight you put in...minimum you should have 21 glasses a day of water!

When I learned about this I found a huge difference!!!

Hope this helps!!! You can do it....don't get discouraged!!!!!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options

Like I said, my diary got screwed up and erased a lot of food from before this week. This week is accurate though. That's why you're seeing a lack of calories some days. I log everything.

WHY am I not building muscle?.... I've not been logging my weight training, just my cardio since that's where the calories come from, but I've been doing all the machines every time I go to the gym.

***Haha, I just saw your edit, so that's why i'm editing...but seriously...I would be gaining muscle, right?

I forgot that you said you were doing weights along with cardio in your original post and I didn't see it logged. The other reason why I say this is because guys lifting heavy and on a muscle gain diet will only gain 3/4 lb a week, if they are lucky. How heavy are you lifting? Machines are a good way to start, but free weights are much better as you will work more muscles at once.