Looking for an exercise partner

Options
I'm not certain this is the proper forum to post on, and if it's not, I apologize.

I'm looking for someone to check in with on a daily basis (someone who would want to check in with me, too) to be sure we're both keeping up with our exercise commitments. I prefer to workout in "real life" alone, but the thought of having someone who doesn't know me check in seems oddly motivating.

If this helps: I'm 25, I prefer team sports and hiking to running or cycling, but am planning on starting a c25k asap. I've never been a runner, but I think I'd like to become one.

So, any takers? Oh, and if this isn't the appropriate place to ask, where should I try?

Replies

• Jamazurunner
    Jamazurunner Posts: 132
    Options
    I'm up for it! I'm a runner who would love to help out! Lets kick each other's behinds!!

If anyone else is interested, feel free to add me. The more the merrier!
  • sirion2
    sirion2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I really need accountability. I've started my project to lose these last 10 pounds about 10 times and never succeeded. I want to succeed! Let's help each other out.
  • Laufitness
    Laufitness Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner too and I would love to help others runners!
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I started the c25k last summer and never finished. I would like to complete it this year. Maybe we could all sign up for a 5k on the same weekend and "run" together. 8 weeks would be Aug 10. So, pick a 5k in your area for the weekend of Aug 13th?
  • jezzi4ever
    jezzi4ever Posts: 100
    Options
    That's a fabulous idea--I'm researching now. How far did you get on thec25k? Do you want to start again?
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I was starting week 3, went on vacation for 3 weeks and never came back to it. Running has always intimidated me, so I felt safe with the plan. Now I just need to get past the mental block to start again. But I know I can do it. :)...Yes I would love to start it again.
  • jezzi4ever
    jezzi4ever Posts: 100
    Options
    Okay--awesome. Let's do it! I'll send you a message. Anyone else in?