What is your Body Fat % goal ?

Options
2»

Replies

• abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    24 at the least. I'm 5'11'' and built big-framed so that still might be too little. But I haven't really decided, I would rather feel myself jiggle a little and have curves than be rock hard.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    agree!!
    and i LOVE that site that is linked on here... I am definitely changing to 18% body fat goal. I like curves :) and i don't wanna be manly ripped out haha

lmao i love it!!
    also, when I scrolled down and saw the differnece between 15% at stick thin vs body builder I was like WOW!! it's crazy. but i think 18% is good too. 20% wasn't even bad either. but SUCH a difference fron 25 to 20.. it's crazy!
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    yeah, definitely interesting and crazy pics between the difference in body fat %!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I'm 16.3% right now, I'd like to get to the point where I see definition in the stomach as I don't at all now.

I also want to have muscle under there, I don't believe 10-12% would just be skin over bones (think bodybuildings) they don't look ill or severly underweight because they have lots of muscle, although I don't want to get that low/ripped. I think 14/15% sounds good with muscle.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    My mini goal is lower 20's, but my ultimate goal is athletes level of 15%
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I think that my definition is better than the 20% guy in the picture, even though my BF is about 23% now. My goal is to get to 18% by September.
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Looking at the pictures I have set my ultimate target goal at 10% or less correctly. I am currently at about 22% fat, I was 35% fat when I started losing weight.

Once I've got to my ultimate target weight I'm then planning on adding back 10 to 15 lbs of muscle, I'm building some now but not at the rate I can when I stop cutting calories.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I love the 18% girl...
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I want to get mine checked. I'm figuring it shoud be around 10-12% right now. I'm not sure how much lower I'd want to take it, but I am curious to see what it is.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I am at 22.4% this morning. Would like to be 19, 18-20 really!

To be perfectly honest, I'm sure how much regular people (not professional athletes, models, etc) can expect to maintain a super low body fat. To me, going from being relatively unfit or overweight as many people on this sight are, to borderline essential fat is unrealistic. But hey, I'm not an expert. Good luck in your alls goals!
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Goal for me would be around 20%, 18% would be okay but is probably too low for me. Currently I'm around 23% at goal weight of 125 and I'm 5'4.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Currently 5'10 203 lbs at 15.5 % bodyfat. Since Summers coming so I would love to get it down to around 12%.
  • Monkeymin
    Monkeymin Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Mines currently quite high at 40%, I am aiming for 20%
  • timtamslam
    timtamslam Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Goal: 7-10%
    Currently: 13%ish

Can see abs when I flex, especially in certain light. Oh well, suppose I'll just have to see what happens.
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    i don't know....
    had my bf% taken in feb and it was 19%

any suggestions on a realistic goal?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Here are some good examples for men and women what different BF% look like, and also a comparison with same BF% but more vs. less lean mass. May help you decide a goal. http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    18% looks good to me, according to that website. :)
    I was at 19% a couple years ago, but I think I'm probably 1-2% more now. Working on it though!! :)
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Here are some good examples for men and women what different BF% look like, and also a comparison with same BF% but more vs. less lean mass. May help you decide a goal. http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages

thanx
    I'll take 18% please :wink:
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    im trying for somewhere between 13-17 just because im looking for more of a "cut" look and at 21-22, where i am now i dont have the definition i want