Having a hard time...

Options
So I'm having a really difficult time staying motivated. I'm trying so hard, and I know that I want it, but then at the end of the day when my husband leaves for something to do with his band (which has happened increasingly often), I almost ALWAYS binge on something. And it's very rarely something I really want.

Why is this happening to me? I have been so motivated until now, and I've done really really well, and now I just can't get it back. I can't drag myself to the gym, I'm at home alone all day with the baby, and I just can't get my stupid butt up to work on myself.

I don't want to be where I am anymore. I want to change my life and be happy with myself and healthy. What am I going to do? How do I get my motivation back? How do I get myself back?

Replies

• LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    So I'm having a really difficult time staying motivated. I'm trying so hard, and I know that I want it, but then at the end of the day when my husband leaves for something to do with his band (which has happened increasingly often), I almost ALWAYS binge on something. And it's very rarely something I really want.

Why is this happening to me? I have been so motivated until now, and I've done really really well, and now I just can't get it back. I can't drag myself to the gym, I'm at home alone all day with the baby, and I just can't get my stupid butt up to work on myself.

I don't want to be where I am anymore. I want to change my life and be happy with myself and healthy. What am I going to do? How do I get my motivation back? How do I get myself back?
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    So you're a stay-at-home-mom? Hmmm...have you thought about a buddy or a mommy's group? That could be a lot of fun for you both. Maybe you could find a group that just walks with the kids? I don't know. I wish I had thought to do something like that when I stayed home with my youngest. Instead, I sat at home (and usually on the computer), while the pounds just kept piling on (60lbs. worth!). It's a big regret. Don't let it be one of yours!!

I'm sure you've already got some kind of a routine for your day-to-day. Maybe you can schedule out your day and schedule a brisk 30min. walk, then while the baby is napping, you could schedule 30min. for a dvd or some exercising with whatever equipment you have. Imagine what a difference that one hour can make for you. You CAN do this. *bear hugs*
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Grab hold tight...sit down and think on WHY you started wanting to making changes in the first place...make sure it is YOU that you're making changes for...you can be inspired by others....but a change for you will be much longer lived and much more motivating than if you're doing this for anyone else.

Just keep reading the boards and you'll find your way again...:heart:

Have you seen the 'stay at home mom's' thread started here on MFP? Perhaps you've already joined the others in chatting but if not...might be just what you need...and who knows! Might find someone right in your town to hang with :)

MFP hugs:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/26430-stay-at-home-moms?page=2#posts-250848
  • melissa73
    Options
    When ever I feel like binging I always drink a big glass of water and maybe a stick of extra gum. It always seems to help me. I do binge sometimes too. But we just jump back in and continue on the road to success. This is a learning experience for all of us. We will always have to deal with the temptations that lurk in the corner. We will learn to control it and be a better you.

Good luck. Don't give up. Just stay motivated and remember who you are and why you are changing your life for the better.