How often do you weigh yourself?

2»

Replies

• MeganSWoods
    MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
    I weigh every morning, after using the bathroom, naked. 3 times on the scale, to get the same number, then I log it. I chart it - and yes, sometimes it bounces up and down, but I can see a trend line, and it helps motivate me. When I binge, i can see the results immediately - which I like - maybe if I had seen the pizza causing and up, up, up trendline, I wouldn't be obsese.

chart-2.gif

I like the fancy-schmancy chart :-D
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    I weigh every morning. Seeing changes on the scale doesn't freak me out, I'm just a nerd and love to see how what I eat/drink/do effects my weight.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    I weigh every morning, after using the bathroom, naked. 3 times on the scale, to get the same number, then I log it. I chart it - and yes, sometimes it bounces up and down, but I can see a trend line, and it helps motivate me. When I binge, i can see the results immediately - which I like - maybe if I had seen the pizza causing and up, up, up trendline, I wouldn't be obsese.

chart-2.gif

I have a similar chart for my weekly logging (although I weigh at least once a day). I put one in Excel so that I could SEE the difference. MFP's charts are too small -- can't see the difference.

Like I said I weigh multiple times a day -- just to see how my body behaves. I don't let it get me down -- I'm just a numbers nerd! I have found that it helps keep things in perspective -- I once had "only" 1/2 pound loss during my official weigh in. I would have been disappointed, but I knew that I had "gained" two pounds earlier in the week (probably water). Either way, I was satisfied with the 1/2 pound loss!
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Aaaaand now I'm off to Excel to make me a chart. I can't believe that I never thought to make my own chart before. I'm super excited about it now!!
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Every day and multiple times a day.
  • eejieweejie
    eejieweejie Posts: 49 Member
    Once a week, I weigh in every Monday morning! I did sneak on last Friday though because I hadn't lost anything on the Monday, and wanted to make sure I wasn't gaining!
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    My official weight in day is Monday morning. First thing after I get up. I do weight myself a lot throughout the week. Mainly to keep myself on track. The body gains weight throughout the day. So if you weight yourself at night, it's going to be a little more then expected. So keep that in mind if your weight is going up and down.
  • Pseudocyber
    Pseudocyber Posts: 312 Member
    Aaaaand now I'm off to Excel to make me a chart. I can't believe that I never thought to make my own chart before. I'm super excited about it now!!
    LOL. You're one of "those people" too ... :laugh:
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    I weigh daily and expect daily fluctuations. I don't stress about the day to day weight since so many factors are involved (hormonal water weight, sodium, etc.) but I do log my weight once a week so I can look at the big picture.
This discussion has been closed.