New in Northern Virginia

Options
I just started using myfitnesspal today. The reason that I've decided to start working out is that my best friend's wedding is in August and when I went to pick-up/try on my dress last weekend it was a bit of a downer. Not only did I need my mom to help my zip and hook my into my dress, but when I was strapped in I couldn't breath.

I think if I lose 5 to 10 lbs and tone up my tummy I'll be able to breath and enjoy a meal at the reception.

Currently I weight 126 lbs. I would like to get to 115 lbs, but if I get down to 120 I'll be happy. I've got a little over 8 weeks and I think if I work out for at least 30 minutes a day for the next 8 weeks and watch what I eat I should be in good shape.

Once I get in shape I want to stay in shape. Hopefully once I get into the habit of a workout then maybe I'll stay active.

Replies

• acave9406
    acave9406 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
    I've been on here for about a month now and I love it. You and I are heading for the same goal weight and I live in MD you can feel free to add me if you want :flowerforyou:
  • antonio823
    antonio823 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp! I know exactly what you mean, I've been there too. You will definitely meet your goals here if you are motivated and determined:)

Ant'
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome, I'm in Winchester! you will love this site
  • tjscott978
    Options
    Thanks all for the encouragement. I'm really looking forward to this community.