Ideal Weight Calculator

Options
Just found this. Quite interesting as I was considering if 50-something kg was actually better for me but seems I'm not too far off my ideal weight range!

http://www.divine.ca/en/fitness-and-nutrition/ideal-weight-calculator/c_317/

Replies

• heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    It tells me I should be between 125lbs to 140lbs. My goal is actually 130-135lbs so that sounds about right. :smile:
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's really good how it combines it with your frame.. Because other people that are my height can be 119lb and there's no way I'll get to that..
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for sharing :)
  • j_cordes
    j_cordes Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the website! It says my ideal weight is 113-128lbs. My goal was 130lbs...I guess I need to make some changes!
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I love it, it tells me 160-175! My ideal weight is 170 so it fits right on! I hate those sites that tell me I should be 140 or whatever at my height! I still want curves dammit!
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Site says 149-165... my goal in my head is 180... and I'm perfectly fine with that. After years of being 100+ lbs over weight, I'll take 15 lbs. =)
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Puts me at 163-178...perfect.

The problem is...if you're extremely thin, or extremely overweight...it's going to be a bit inaccurate. I think it's still more accurate than the BMI chart though.
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Since I am very close between medium and large frame [my finger and thumb are about one half inch of meeting], i did both.

Large Frame: 171 to 186 lbs
    Medium Frame: 155 to 170 lbs

I don't think I agree with either, I think it is too high.
  • AlexandraLove
    Options
    Pretty close - it puts me at 150-165lbs, but I've been down to 165 and I've still had quite a bit of chub going on.

Choosing small instead of medium puts me at 135-150, but I think 135 would be too little for me.
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Since I am very close between medium and large frame [my finger and thumb are about one half inch of meeting], i did both.

Large Frame: 171 to 186 lbs
    Medium Frame: 155 to 170 lbs

I don't think I agree with either, I think it is too high.

I'm kind of between it too, I took the medium frame and it says 115-130. I want my old weight back of 115, but I dunno. Even 130 as the average is high in my opinion for my height.

PS: I saw you live in Alpine! I used to live their with my ex-roomate :) Don't know very many people that live out there when they are from SD, so that's kind of cool. Do you like it?
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    Yikes, mine is 108 to 123... I guess that's what I get for being short and have a small frame.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    It says my ideal weight should be between 140 and 155...knowing I was already at 143 lbs of muscle before I even started losing weight, I don't see it happening...it's pretty low.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Yikes!!! It says my range is between 118 and 124. My goal weight is closer to 150.
  • golden1215
    golden1215 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ummm mine says 108 to 123 lbs and I was shooting for 135.... :-/

what if your fingers dont really OVERLAP but they comfortably touch when wrapped around your wrist??
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    Mine says 149-164...I'm only 10lbs away!!! :)
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Yikes, mine is 108 to 123... I guess that's what I get for being short and have a small frame.

Me too! I can't imagine being 108. I'm definitely coser to the higher end of this range. ;-)
  • SerenaBeans08
    SerenaBeans08 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    113 to 128 lbs? Really? That's tiny!
    I have a long way to go, in that case...
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Mine says 140-160 and my goal is to get to 160 and go from there so its pretty accurate for me
  • pittielover23
    Options
    That was great since it actually takes into account frame. My goal weight is at the lower end of that reccommended range (but at the higher end of the BMI range), so yay :)
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Well I looked at small, and medium frames, and it was telling me 95-110 lbs for small and 105-120lbs for medium, well I already had a goal weight of 105lbs, so I guess that I made a good choice. This helped, thanks