S.B.F. Challenge. . .September 28th

Options
Hello, ladies!

Today is a stop at the gym for elliptical, to start my new deal of cardio 4 times a week (shorter sessions, but more often).

Other than that, still not logging my food, but eating what I want when I'm hungry. I'm also shopping by the meal (a luxury I can indulge due to the proximity of food stores. . .I literally have produce ten steps from my front door and a butcher two blocks away) and deciding "oooh. that looks good." Surprisingly, so far, I haven't been hungry for crap. We'll see how long that lasts. The only other difference is I'm trying to concentrate on non-restaurant food. (I've been hitting the sushi joint so often that they know me and ask how my husband is. . .maybe I can get cordial enough with them to suggest they add brown rice sushi to the menu :tongue: )

And, as always, water and vits.

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hello, ladies!

Today is a stop at the gym for elliptical, to start my new deal of cardio 4 times a week (shorter sessions, but more often).

Other than that, still not logging my food, but eating what I want when I'm hungry. I'm also shopping by the meal (a luxury I can indulge due to the proximity of food stores. . .I literally have produce ten steps from my front door and a butcher two blocks away) and deciding "oooh. that looks good." Surprisingly, so far, I haven't been hungry for crap. We'll see how long that lasts. The only other difference is I'm trying to concentrate on non-restaurant food. (I've been hitting the sushi joint so often that they know me and ask how my husband is. . .maybe I can get cordial enough with them to suggest they add brown rice sushi to the menu :tongue: )

And, as always, water and vits.

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Ah, living in town. I always wanted to shop like that. A small grocery is only a mile a way but they don't have the pretty produce the stores that are further away do. I'm going to try to go more often on my bike.

According to the book I'm reading, I shouldn't count calories either - but get more in tune with my body. This will be very hard for me as usually it's just a vehicle to move my brain around. I'm going to continue to log, but for information purposes only.

Today is the last day of vacation. Yesterday at lunch I wanted to eat at home. Had bread and tomato soup. Didn't want dessert until after a movie as well. Ended up having some more bread and some chocolate (that equals cake, right?, the bread was Honfleur, wonderful stuff) - didn't finish the chocolate. I was asking myself why I wanted dessert - it was because of the movie I saw which was a comedy that I found depressing - as I find most of the Cohen brothers movies. I was using it as a comfort food.

Oh, yesterday I went to the gym - elliptical + walk/jog. Didn't do my 750 calories (more like 600) and I was less hungry in the afternoon. Today I'm teaching yoga and maybe a walk.

Happy workouts y'all.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I finally stayed in my cals and didnt go over yesterday. Yesterday I weighed in at 198.3 and now today at 193.5 :bigsmile: 5lbs! lets just hope it stays that way! Would be nice. Today I am not going to church and am folding laundry. Will clean my house... I think I will try to burn 250cals today at least. I can burn about 10 cals a minute. Maybe I will just go for the half hour and do 300 cals. I dunno I will see. Today I have to go to my parents as well where all the junk food is. I will bring my own snacks! haha I have to work for mom. I really hate it when I have to work. All I do is watch TV and get paid $13.50 an hour to do it.. Its REALLY boring! Easy money I guess. Ah well.

Hope you all have a good day!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Carrie, can I come work for your mom? I could use some easy money right now. Shoot, I could use any money right now. :laugh:
    Well, I am sore today, either from Shred on Friday or from working on the car yesterday. Probably from the car. My eating is a little better this weekend. We don't have money to eat out so that helps. We really like to eat out with friends after church but no one asked us to go, so we didn't ask anyone to go...since we don't have money! I was bummed. But it probably saved me a whole bunch of calories.
    Today is a lazy day that I have been looking forward to all week! I have not worked out much this last week but it was busy busy and it will get busy again tomorrow. So today is my day off.
    Tomorrow will be cleaning, Shred and push ups. I have to say it's been nice to have a full weekend off from push ups. I feel more rested.
    Okay, I'm off to be lazy! See you all tomorrow!
    Melissa
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Woooo hoooo! :wink: I am under cals for the first time since being back!!!! Ok, seriously, that's a huge accomplishment for me right now and only involved 30 min easy cardio. Planning to run & lift in the morning, swim tues, run wed, who knows for the rest of the week. I have everything ready for packing lunches and my gym bag is by the door!

Hope you all had a restorative weekend :happy:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Glad everyone had a nice weekend. :flowerforyou: I didn't really stay on track, myself. :embarassed: Friday night we went for Mexican and while I didn't eat terribly, I did have 2 margaritas and a delicious black bean burrito. Oh wait, I did have guacamole with it, so that's not great. But I REALLY enjoyed it, so I don't feel too bad about that one. I don't want to always deny myself. Yesterday started out pretty well, but I ended up getting some frozen custard after the movies. And then today... well, I was working up the nerve to get to work on my project, and had a piece of chocolate zucchini bread. Oh yeah, and pretty much no exercise. Problematic!!!! :ohwell:

After my next weigh-in (Tuesday), I am going to drop my calories back down to 1200, at least for a couple of weeks. I'm enjoying eating more, but my weight has been stuck and having the extra calories has been allowing me to think I have more to spare than I really do. I tend not to log until the end of the day, and it's often too late by then!

Mary, was it Burn After Reading that you saw? I was interested in that movie as well - I do find Coen brothers films kinda depressing as well (hello, No Country for Old Men) but I thought that one might be less so.

Tomorrow - pushups (week 5!), aerobics, and possibly Shred.