More water...

Options
I drink whey protein mixed with plain water. Can I count that water toward my daily consumption or do we only count pure unadulterated water? What's the word my peeps? If I drink any more water I will never get anything accomplished because I will spend all of my time traversing back and forth to the restroom. :)

Replies

• haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    what i would do is just add quick add calories for the protein powder :) and i would add the water as your daily consumption
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I count it. My mom uses Propel flavor packets in her water too. I think it counts.
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I drink 10-15 glasses of water a day. And yes, I pee a lot :blushing: Part of the reason is because I don't drink anything else (coffee, tea soda etc) and I feel so much healthier because of it. Soda always made me feel sluggish anyway. But back to your question, water is water, your body is gonna use it no matter what. But as long as you're getting pure water aside from your protein shakes I don't see why it would be a problem :smile:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I only count plain ole water towards my water for the day. I figure any extra is a bonus! :)
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I agree,if you add anything to water ...it becomes a beverage
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Nope, a lot of food also has water so you cant count it if its mixed up.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm torn on this one... I'm new to this site, so I don't know what "works," but I read a scientific article recently about what "can" count towards your water intake. Coffee and Tea do :) But not drinks like gatorade (which have salt and sugar), so it depends what exactly is in your protein drink.

I live in Germany, where drinking "tap" water is practically unheard of. I drink plain, sparkling water and count it.
  • outwiththeoldinwiththenew
    Options
    Definately count the nutrition and calories of the protien powder, but as long as its caffiene free the water counts.