New Here

Options
Hi,

My name is Bethany. My sister and brother in law have been using this site with great success. They say that when you want to lose weight it is best done with other people to push you. My husband is 24 years old and weighs 150, he is in awesome shape, and so I can't really diet with him when he is looking to gain weight. I have a daughter that just turned one, and I feel like I weigh more now, then when I was pregnant with her. I am so embarrassed to look at myself in the mirror, and yesterday I saw a picture of myself and realized that enough is enough. I am 22 years old and so overweight I can't come to put myself on a scale. I know that this is a ton to ask, but if there is anyone out there, in the same position, I just need motivation to know that I CAN DO THIS. I know that I have a huge goal, but I want this not only for myself, but for my daughter. I can't keep doing what I'm doing or I won't be here for her how she needs me.

Thanks so much for the ears to anyone that listened.

Good luck to all of you, and God bless

Replies

• irishwitch
    irishwitch Posts: 21
    Options
    You definitely came to the right place, there are amazing people here to help you with this journey. After going through a huge life change... moving over 2500 miles to be with my bf. I am back to trying to drop pounds. Specially for the vacation he planned for us in August. OMG he wants me in a bikini... :) But if you ever need anyone to talk to or vent to feel free to add me. I have few friends since I had to start a new MFP page...

Stephanie
  • demure_poetic
    Options
    It's great you opened up to everyone..takes courage...especially since you pretty well said you feel like a failure to your daughter... i weigh wayyy more than i ever have right now and just started on here a few weeks ago and i cna say it shelped alot to kleep track of everything and the success stories are very inspirational... so far i have been doing okay, this is the longest ive been on track to lose the weight and i don't plan on quitting til i reach my goal... i am laos young/married with children.... i know i can do this..and ive had so many doubts before.. but we can;t let our selves stay fat and get fatter... if i can do it..if the others on myfitnesspal can do it..all these people different shapes and sizes, reaching their goals if were all on our way you can be on your way too..i wish you tons of luck!! stay strong..there will always be bad days, it happens to us all..but if you fall..get back up right away!