Olympians...

Options
While watching the Olympics (I'm so sad they're over!) I would always look at the gymnast/swimmers/volleyball players and think that that, yes, they had amazing bodies, but that they were so muscular. I would find myself thinking that I never wanted to be that muscular, and I would turn my attention back to the skinny things in the magazines for inspiration.

But now days the women olympians are everywhere-Magazines/TV/advertisements, and they look so different in actual clothes instead of a swimsuit or leotard. They look healthy, fit, and teeny-tiny in their regular clothes! And no, their muscles aren't bulging out all over the place!!

Forget the pin-thin, bobble-head teen stars! I want to look like an Olympian!!!

Replies

• NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    While watching the Olympics (I'm so sad they're over!) I would always look at the gymnast/swimmers/volleyball players and think that that, yes, they had amazing bodies, but that they were so muscular. I would find myself thinking that I never wanted to be that muscular, and I would turn my attention back to the skinny things in the magazines for inspiration.

But now days the women olympians are everywhere-Magazines/TV/advertisements, and they look so different in actual clothes instead of a swimsuit or leotard. They look healthy, fit, and teeny-tiny in their regular clothes! And no, their muscles aren't bulging out all over the place!!

Forget the pin-thin, bobble-head teen stars! I want to look like an Olympian!!!
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I agree! i've never wanted to look "skinny" I"ve always wanted to be nicely muscular and healthy and fit looking!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    my main goal now is to shed the pounds to find the lean muscles bulging beneath. I love to feel my biceps, triceps, shoulders and stomach...it amazes me. Right now I have to hold in really hard to see or feel them....but they are there!

I feel them when I lift or carry something.

I love feeling strong.

I cant wait to see the new me emerge from beneath. :flowerforyou:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    that is soooo true,,

before all i wanted was to be skinny too... but now that i feel all those muscle underneath im starting to think maybe some muscles would be nice :)

i cant believe the feel of my arms lately.. i keep flexing my muscle.. .. silly i know . lol

i dont just want to be skinny now.. i want to be strong as well !!!
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    same here! I just want to look healthy and fit, not skinny. I have never wanted to be stick thin, it doesnt look right in my opinion