Any tips, advice or improvement suggestions/

T_William
T_William Posts: 147 Member
Hey everyone!

Im not new around here but I dont post alot, recently posted up my progress so far

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/262651-40lbs-down-160-to-120-with-pics

Well my weight loss has slowed down with only loosing around 1.5lbs over 3 weeks now but ive never had this long with so little loss in the last 5months. My diary is public so please take a look and give e any advice :)

Replies

• Hi , you've done very well to lose 40 lbs in the same amount of time it's taken me to lose 13lbs, i too have come to a stand still , with my weight loss, and i think i know why, mine's not coming off as fast and it's because i haven't been strict with my exercise as i was in the beginning, i should be grateful i'm not gaining , sticking to low calories is keeping me here, maybe we need to be a bit more active ...

good luck keep up the good work
  • you're eating a LOT more sodium than what your diary shows. sausage has a ton of sodium in it. i'd double check the accuracy of your diary entries and reduce your sodium. eat more protein and fat, fewer carbs. exercise more. get sleep!
  • Debkam
    Debkam Posts: 80
    Where are your veggies? Fruit? That's my first thought.
  • jessilea53
    jessilea53 Posts: 87 Member
    IDK just seems like youre not eating enough. Im 5'3" 140 and youre eating the same amount I am. A plateau is what Im thinking you are in. Its been recommended to up your calories by 300-500 calories for a few days and then back down to your regular intake. It helps jump start your metabolism. I agree with Deb, you need some veggies and fruits.

Jessica
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    You've lost loads of weight already, so you obviously know what you are doing for the most part (well done).

Now a few things:

- As a previous poster said, you can try to eat high protein, med fat, low carbs. Examples of these are "atkins diet" (although atkins might be a bit extreme). Read more about these low carbs diet, but the theory is it should help burning more fat and storing less.

- I have noticed you tend to do your biggest meals in the evening. I sometimes do that too, but this is a mistake as you will have all those calories in your body for the night, when your activity is at its lowest. This is especially bad if you eat lots of carbs in the evening (so try to keep your carbs low in the evening meal at least).
    Try to have a "bigger" breakfast, or lunch.

- Try to not skip meals (try to have at least 3 meals a day, and you can have snacks in between).

- Try to be closer to your daily cals allowance

- Running is good to kick up your metabolism, so don't know if you run but this is an excellent exercise

- Maybe try to eat more vegetables, I can see you survive a lot on sandwiches and "fairly high" calories food, but I know that I would be starving to death with the quantity of food you eat (so I tend to eat MORE low calorie food personally).

- Keep these "Lil Extras - When I Dam Like", as weight loss needs to be a pleasurable experience - so you're right to have them from time to time.

I don't pretend I know the truth about everything, just a few things that made me tick.... Again keep up the good work!
  • Debkam
    Debkam Posts: 80
    I was thinking possibly too few calories too Jessi. Is there a "minimum" amount of calories for the gentlemen? I know for us ladies it is 1200. The number 1500 stands out to me for some reason for the guys. Anyone know?
  • T_William
    I dont always log some things as I do them out of habbit before leaving for work at 7am I always have a large glass of fresh orange juice, sometimes ill grab a innocent smootie (3 of your 5 a day) and always have some veg with dinner such as peas, carrots, brocolie...

I think cereal is a bad thing and ive been eating it alot for breakfast recently, when I started it was always porridge but I always associate porridge with winter and now its light of a morning and warmer weather I dont tend to make any. Boiled eggs on brown toast aswell I should eat more often.

I know I dont eat alot of fruit or veg too, when I was young I was fine my parents tell me but long as I renember I have hated the texture and taste of alot of it. Bananas taste horrible to me and the texture is awful too, oranges I love the taste but again dont like the texture so im fine with it as a juice. I wish Innocent veg pots wernt so expensive as they taste great, 2 of your 5 a day and just consist of veg and healthy ingredients but are filling, low salt and sugar, around 300-400cals per pot and high fibre keeps me full for hours! I brought them every day when they were half price and would make my own but id need a small farm and lots of extra time on my hands!

Alot of items which look like supermarket package meals on my diary are often fresh cooked but im not sure of the exact measurements/weight etc... I live with my parents and my mom is a good cook & understands what i'm doing so she always uses low fat ingredients where possible e.g. making own pasta sauce rather then supermarkets, wholegrain ceral and bread, low fat dairy and low salt butter, diet drinks onlye and no sugar squash (a big change from before and my little brother and sister have both lost weight and become more active as a result of my actions :) )

Does anyone have any advice for eating more fruit or veg as I know im not the only person who is like this with my 5 a day!
    I actually enjoy going to the gym now too but what shocks me is I often see people on my friends list here posting they burned 800/1200 cals or something massive doing a long workout or intense cardio...what I always think is well thats like 70% of what youve eaten surely thats not good for you! I do find when I go and treat myself to a Curry (jalfrezi as its far far lower cals,salt, fat and sugar then others) I tend to drop 1lbs in a day or two after.
  • T_William
    Had a good gym workout burning near 600cal then had a hot curry and dropped 0.5lbs today lol