Running Shoes

Options
2»

Replies

• cammons
    cammons Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    This might be a shock, but I'm fully on the "Get a professional fitting" bandwagon as well. If you have a budget, make sure to tell the salesperson as soon as you meet them so that they can help you find the best shoe for you in your price range. The way I look at it, spending even $150 on the right pair of shoes is much cheaper than x-rays, ultrasounds, trips to the doctor and months of physical therapy that often results from wearing the wrong shoes.

I've been running in Brooks Adrenalines for five years now but I'm making some changes to my form and they are less comfortable now, it's time for me to hit the running store as well.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I just invested in some shoes on Saturday. I went to The Running Room. She watched me walk around barefoot and then told me the type of support i needed and also i was surprised to find out that my feet are actually one size large than i wear. I ran around in the all shoes that i was trying on and I ended up with some awesome Adidias SNova Glides i ran on Saturday and my feet were the only thing not to hurt the next day. :) Oh yeah she also mentioned not to wear cotton socks, they become abrasive and you can get blisters apparently. I went in with the intent to not spend over $100 but i ended up spending $180 3 pairs of socks and some shoes. :S these are the most expensive shoes i have ever owned. I need to get my moneys worth now, that will keep me motivated to run for awhile. lol
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I would go to a running store and get fitted. The pain in your knees could be from wearing shoes that don't provide the right support for your frame. I spent $115 on the pair that I bought last year, but they made a world of difference. And if you tell them what you're willing to spend, they can help find a shoe in that range. I'd still be prepared to spend $100 minimum, though. I know that seems like a lot for shoes, but it's like buying tires for your car - you wouldn't want to skimp on tires and risk a blowout and possibly wreck your car, right?
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I do agree to go to a running store and get fitted specially if you do run alot. I myself didnt for two reasons 1) Im not a constant runner I just started and am not sure if this is something I will continue doing so to give it a try I decided to go with something more affortable. 2) I didnt have money to spend much this time.

I did some research online and really the first ones that poped up were the ascis. I started running about 1week ago 2 times a week and found out my hip would hurt on the left side after running. Since the store near me has a 15day runner trial on their running shoes where I can run on them for 15 days and return them if not satisfied I decided to give them at try. Im glad I did I tryed them for the first time on Saturday and let me say I didnt want to take them off. The sales person showed me some sof sole Airr which he adviced if I needed extra support to purchase and they have a life warranty on those. He allowed me to try it with my shoes that I was purchasing there at the store and let me tell you that felt amazing and if I would have purchase the shoes and additional soles it still was not near $100!! plus I could use the soles on other shoes. I just got the name and size of the sole and found them on amazon for $10 less!!! Im going to place an order for the soles soon so I can wear them in my work shoes. LOL!!! sorry for making this long...:happy:
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Just got a new pair yesterday : Mizuno Waverider 14, I had the same brand for years (Brooks Axiom) and they weren't as good to me as the use to, I had a profesional help me at the Running Room and this pair was the best.

So i'm jumping in the "go to the running store" wagon. You can't risk your health (last week, I hurt my shins and lower back with my old shoes).

ETA: when you go in there, give them a price range and they can surely try to fit your budget as much as they can.