How to adapt to your new situation -HELP

Options
MiNiMoNkI
MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
Are you in maintenance mode? How have you found adapting to more cals and less excercise? are you finding it easy, or like me cant find it in you to change?

I have reached my goal, now im terrified of eating more than 1200 calories! i am not excercising as much, but feel bad for it and feel like im almost letting myself down, so weird how your mindset changes, what was once a brilliant trait (training my brain to behave) has now almost turned against me! Im scared im going to undo it all, and refusing to change my goal settings!! arrggghhh, why is nothing simple.

Im also getting to the point i cant get off the scales, because im sure i feel heavier everyday, which is stupid, because i know im not!

Replies

• CarolMorris66
    Options
    Got to say, I am right with you. I have not reduced the exercise as most of mine was dog walking... at least 2 hours a day and I did the C25K which was great and I am not about to stop running just because I have hit my target weight, but am finding it hard to adjust to eating more and not sure how much more to actually be eating.

I have lost another 5lbs since being on "maintenance" .... although some of that could be that I am a week away from getting married and being kept quite busy!

Maintenance to me is the new weight loss!!
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Hi--I have maintained for a little over a year. I would suggest going slowly when upping your calories---maybe 50-100 calories up at a time, and continue to exercise as you have been doing. Then you will definitely not undo anything....

I wrote a post a few weeks ago about my maintenance learnings if you want to check it out....http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Robin1117

Also, check out the maintenance thread and read some of the discussion and join in....there's a nice group of other folks going through the same thing:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/191617-maintenance-thread?page=8#posts-3440499

Congrats!!!
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Got to say, I am right with you. I have not reduced the exercise as most of mine was dog walking... at least 2 hours a day and I did the C25K which was great and I am not about to stop running just because I have hit my target weight, but am finding it hard to adjust to eating more and not sure how much more to actually be eating.

I have lost another 5lbs since being on "maintenance" .... although some of that could be that I am a week away from getting married and being kept quite busy!

Maintenance to me is the new weight loss!!

Are you happy to keep losing, to be honest i just picked a number, i am happy as i am now, infact im more than happy. I could probably get away with another 5llbs too, but then i'll just be feeling like i do now.!! arrgg haha, i feel really selfish moaning when a lot of people are struggling to lose, etc, but its still an issue for me.
  • fosterks
    fosterks Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm coming up to maintenance - another 6lb to go.... My plan is to still exercise like I do at present, then that gives me leeway for a bad day or two if the need takes me. I will continue to have the same breakfast and lunch, but am going to look to up my calories for my dinner, and have a couple of treats a week. I have never weighed any less than I do now so I think I won't go down anymore - we will see!!!
  • cowboy48
    cowboy48 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have been in maintenance for the last 6 weeks. To tell you the truth it is harder than the dieting. I too am scared to add calories- don't want to end up where I was before. I am also training for a 1/2 marathon so need the extra calories but can't seem to get them down my throat. I have added probably 2-300 calories in the last 6 weeks but my body seems to be maintaining on about 2000 calories even though I am running 25-35K a week. I am going to leave well enough alone until I either start losing again or gaining. So hard to run that far each week and eat like I am dieting and want to see no results on the scale- plays with my mind.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!