1000 calories for 1 week

Options
I have just started MFP and know that I always do better with my eating when I am actively tracking what is going in my mouth.....my question is, has anyone tried a 1000 cal. for a short period of time and did this "boost" your weight loss at all? I know that the body is likely to go into starvation mode at that count (even 1200 for many people), but I'm wondering short-term, if this has worked for anyone? MFP has me at 1200/day to reach my goal with the settings I've input, but I am looking for 10lbs a month and MFP comes out to 7.7. I am not going to increase exercise....thanks for sharing your experience!

Replies

• Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Works very well for obese people....temporarily. Your body adjusts.
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Apparently it takes the body about 3 days before it reacts and goes into starvation mode. Once there, your metabolism is shot and returning to regular eating will ultimately make you gain before it levels out. What's wrong with MFP's goals to help you lose 2lbs a week? 2lbs a week is a lot! xx
  • noradoyle
    noradoyle Posts: 6
    Options
    i did this, it wasnt wit MFP but i did it last year n lost a stone in a month but wen i upped my calories the weight just came back on if nt more, MFP estimates 7.7 but on the 1200 i ave lost 9lbs in 2 weeks and ave weigh day tomorrw which im hoping i mite have reached the stone mark, i think if u wnted 2 try the 1000 for urself but in my experience it worked 4 the short term but nt the long term