too many egg?

Options
I was just wondering how many is too many eggs a week???
they are quick and easy for me-my first choice but
I think that I might be eating too many

also any ideas for quick protein snacks
thanks

Replies

• End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    I eat about a dozen a week. Dietary cholesterol does not effect serum cholesterol as conventional wisdom would lend you to believe. I also don't subscribe to the idea that saturated fat is bad for you and my cholesterol and triglyceride levels are perfectly fine.
  • musicgal8199
    Options
    It really depends on the person. Are you at high risk for high cholesterol? I'd say, in general, 2 eggs per day is acceptable.
  • thebookpusher
    thebookpusher Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The question isn't too many eggs, the question is what else are you eating to round out your diet? If you are using the extra calories gained from not eating red meat for your protein to consume vegetables, healthy fruits, whole grains, legumes, then (unless you have serious cholesterol issues) you will be fine.
    I also crave eggs. Because they are a low calorie way to get my protein, I am able to add in nutritious foods that I would not be able to have otherwise.
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    It probably depends on the person. I've been eating 1 egg every day on my salad, but I've never had a cholesterol problem so I don't worry about it. I really don't know what the 'right' answer is.....
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    When I was doing Slimming World I ate a ton of eggs (2 or 3 most days), and I ended up 'egg-bound', that is a had really bad constipation. Not nice! But if it doesn't affect you like that then I don't see a problem. As others have metioned, the old thing about eggs raising your cholesterol isn't true, it's recently been disproved.
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    thanks that was helpful :)