A Question for the Ladies

Options
2»

Replies

• lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    This is my second "time of the month" since I started MFP. My first one was really hard, I really blew it and ate like a pig. It has been easier this time around. The cravings were less and I think my water retention has even gone down a bit! My weight in is on this Saturday and if I still feel bloated I will weigh myself again on Tuesday so I can see how much weight I "really" lost. I ate a lot of low calorie yummy snacks and only went over my calorie budget by 58. Sugar Free Fudge pops were awesome (and I usually don't eat fake sugar), Luigi's water ice, etc..
  • ccbloom1
    ccbloom1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My weight normally goes down right before my period and stays that way until after. I say "normally" because I'm dealing with a nasty plateau now.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I try not to cave to the cravings, or if I do, I pick better options like 70% dark chocolate and just have a few pieces (instead of the whole container like I used to). Thankfully I crave more sweet than salty so the water retention thing isn't too much of a problem for me. I find that continuing with exercise helps a lot too - you may not feel like it but you have to push yourself to do it anyway and afterwards you'll feel tons better. Trust me on this....
  • tiffanyrose519
    tiffanyrose519 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself, but I notice my stomach bloat and my clothes fit a little more snug... :(
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    It affects my weight a lot, it makes me bloat 4-5lbs for a couple days before it comes but then it drops once it ends.
  • jamontagne
    jamontagne Posts: 115
    Options
    Point in case ... TOM is almost gone so I stepped on the scale this morning:

Monday (day before I got IT) 143.8 - 2.5 lbs up over night!
    Today (day before it's over) 140.4 - .8 lb loss from original weight before TOM hit

So it's a definate - I will not weigh myself when TOM is coming anymore - I'll just wait out the week then see what it says. :)