Do you spend more or less now that you eat healthy?

Options
2»

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Mine went up at first. Like WAY up (probably like a good $300-$400 up). But then fizzled and settled back down to about the same I was spending before.

So over all about the same as before.

I would like to get it less, but I just can't seem to figure out how with out eating less. (or buying super crappy food like Ramen & Mac & Cheese which I haven't had in my house for almost a year now).
  • brown_eyed_girl_06
    Options
    I would say less...because yes the foods that we are eating are more expensive but we eat A LOT less than what we used to and so we are able to make something last longer than it would have a few months ago.
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    The same. It hasn't gone up or down, because I am buying the same things. I just stopped taking my extra trips to the store to get chips or candy.

I'm in Canada and it would cost more here to eat crappy though. A Delissio pizza is almost $10, the same as a pack of 5 chicken breasts or 12 chicken thighs. A bag of chips is $4, the same as a bag of apples. A case of pop is $6. That would buy us lettuce, carrots, and peppers. Its not cheap to eat here either way, but we choose to spend the money on things that will do something for us then the things that won't.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Over all i think it is less because i dont eat out 4 times a week anymore. I buy in bulk and and spend more on fruit but less on chips and cookies.
  • ilsie99
    ilsie99 Posts: 259
    Options
    Wait.. Let me get this straight.. Three euros for a shopping cart full of food?!??!?

That is... Legendary!
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    More, because I have to buy for myself and my family. Plus it does cost more to eat healthier.
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    We have the same in the Netherlands - it costs pretty much the same to eat healthy as it does to eat crappy, although meat is very expensive. I can't remember when I last had red meat! I notice that there is less cheese being consumed (very expensive!) and I make my own yoghurt, always have so that's not a factor. A big difference is in the snacks.
    The same. It hasn't gone up or down, because I am buying the same things. I just stopped taking my extra trips to the store to get chips or candy.

I'm in Canada and it would cost more here to eat crappy though. A Delissio pizza is almost $10, the same as a pack of 5 chicken breasts or 12 chicken thighs. A bag of chips is $4, the same as a bag of apples. A case of pop is $6. That would buy us lettuce, carrots, and peppers. Its not cheap to eat here either way, but we choose to spend the money on things that will do something for us then the things that won't.