Do I redo this week again or do I try to do the 90 seconds
Any suggestion would be great
Thanks

I

Replies

• snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    Yup redo week 1 until your comfortable. Also familiarize yourself with an RPE scale. Take your time and do jogs and walk at a comfortable pace. Speed will come in time.
  • stepherjensen
    stepherjensen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I would definitely redo week one until you're running, then move on! Don't worry about how fast you go, worry about getting those 60 seconds!! :D
    Good Luck!
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hi, Currently doing c25k aswell w6d3. I say repeat it until you are comfortable and then move up. Although it says that it is a 9 week program, it take some people longer and that is okay.
    Good Luck
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm just on W2D2 myself, so take my suggestion with a grain of salt...

I've seen others on this forum suggest repeating weeks until you can complete the running intervals, so if I were you, I would repeat W1 until I could run all the intervals. That being said, I did W2D1 last night and it was a stretch. I ran all the intervals but kept waiting for the chime to tell me to walk. I think the point is to challenge ourselves so we improve. Do your best to balance getting comfortable with the running intervals with challenging yourself.

Best of luck!
  • DrewD2011
    DrewD2011 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It took me 2 years to complete my couch to 5K transformation and I just ran the race last Sunday (29:39). I spent a lot of time in the gym over the last 2 years and I dramatically changed my lifestyle to a healthy nutrition approach and made fitness a daily part of my life. To be honest, it took such a long time to actually sign up and do the race, that my reward was there long before Sunday.

I lead an active healthy lifestyle everyday (I certainly think about everyday, talk about it everyday, plan for it everyday and work with others everyday). It took me a very long time to get in my lousy shape of 2 years ago...I will be on my new routine for the rest of my life.

Goals can be reached...do not worry about the estimated time of arrival...enjoy the ride. Every little bit helps.

Great job on your start!
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I did the C25K with a support group on MFP and I saw plenty of people repeating weeks :smile: It doesn't matter if you can't do it in 9 weeks just so long as you do it. It's amazing. Highly recommended. :bigsmile:

(Please don't get discouraged and quit :ohwell: )
  • jlhschrock
    Options
    Way to go to you also!! What a great job for keeping up with this for two years!
  • ktmcqueen
    ktmcqueen Posts: 81
    Options
    i feel like time is always against us in life. i have a mfp that has had trouble with "time" and losing her weight in a certain amount of time so I've seen ppl having this problem alot since I've been on here. I even have that problem. If I don't drop a certain amount of weight in a certain amount of time I get discouraged and want to give up. Do it at your pace and when you're comfortable enough to take it to the next step then do so. Forget about how long you're supposed to do it in, as long as you finish that will be an accomplishment either way. Good luck with your c25k and your overall journey! :smile:
  • kluver42
    kluver42 Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm doing C25k as well (Week 7 Day 2), and can I first say, congrats on making it through your first week!!! It's no easy thing, especially when you've never run a day in your life (just like me lol). And upon saying that, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with doing that first week over and over until you can do it without stopping. For the longest time, I could not get passed week 2. I started the entire program over about 4 times this year. But last month, somehow i got the will power to stick through it. My muscles got stronger and I got a bit faster each time.

Don't ever doubt your ability to do things! You WILL surprise yourself in the end! I am still astounded that at this moment, I can run for 25 minutes straight...2.7 miles.... at 5 mph! If you wouldve told me if I could do that a year ago, I wouldve laughed in your face! But I can and i do!

My personal secret to not psyching myself out is to NOT look at what next week is going to be. For example, if I just finished week 7, i wont look at what week 8 is going to be until I'm out on the pavement w/ my jogging shoes on and ready to go. I'm much less likely to back out that way. And in so doing that, I haven't skipped a day (or week lol) this time around!

Hope that helped :) Message me if you have any questions!
  • cherryburton
    cherryburton Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been doing couch to 5k too. The first week was hellish, I could barely run for 60 seconds, but it's really progressive and if you stick with it (and re-do week 1 until you're comfortable with it) you'll get there. I haven't been as dedicated to the schedule as I should have been but am doing the race for life on Sunday whether I like it or not, so I'm just going to do what I can with it. Good luck!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I suggest doing week 1 again until you are comfortable moving on to week 2. I had to repeat week 1 (and others lol) a few times. But now I'm able to jog a 15 min mile. Still working on my time, but being able to jog for a full 15 minutes is insane since when I started I could barely keep up with the 60 seconds.

You'll see improvement with C25K, so don't worry about not being exactly "on schedule". :)
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I've read that the C210k is a good option for brand new runners. It has a slower start... ??
  • donbet69
    donbet69 Posts: 133
    Options
    Everyone has their own pace. Follow yours.

The important thing is to stick with it. Walk when you cannot run. Just keep going. You will be amazed at how good it makes you feel in the end.
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    i am on the couch to 5k program myself. i have repeated weeks before. i couldn't even jog 3 minutes before and now i can go 25 non-stop! it will happen for you. just take it slow!
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    Just wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions
    Your help and inspiration has been great
  • Wimpey
    Wimpey Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to take your time and repeat the first week, or any other...

Look at it this way: you are building your foundations. The stronger they are the higher you can raise.

Running is a hard exercise, even the fastest and fittest athletes are subject to injury and set back, so never rush!

Best of luck!
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    It took me 2 years to complete my couch to 5K transformation and I just ran the race last Sunday (29:39). I spent a lot of time in the gym over the last 2 years and I dramatically changed my lifestyle to a healthy nutrition approach and made fitness a daily part of my life. To be honest, it took such a long time to actually sign up and do the race, that my reward was there long before Sunday.

I lead an active healthy lifestyle everyday (I certainly think about everyday, talk about it everyday, plan for it everyday and work with others everyday). It took me a very long time to get in my lousy shape of 2 years ago...I will be on my new routine for the rest of my life.

Goals can be reached...do not worry about the estimated time of arrival...enjoy the ride. Every little bit helps.

Great job on your start!

Congratulations!