Can't eat in the morning

Options
mehmig
mehmig Posts: 55 Member
i know I need to eat to keep my metabolism up and not go into starvation mode, but I hate to eat in the morning. Food sounds gross until at least 10:00 or later. I get up around 5:00 because my kids are early risers. Once we get dressed and head downstairs I need to feed them, they are 3 growing boys and they are HUNGRY! Then I need to get lunch and snacks packed ( I make them the night before, but I still have to put it all together) and my oldest needs a large amount of medicines I need to make sure he takes before school. So by then I just want a cup of coffee and I'm really not hungry. Any suggestions on what to do to keep my metabolism up but not feel so sick when I eat so early? I forced some tuna this morning, but after a few bites I put the rest away for later.

I have now discovered food and I are enemies. I am so tired of worrying about food, not just dieting or eating healthy, but because my son is on a very special diet and I always have to be concerned with what he can and can't eat. I'm kinda getting to the point where I just hate food. Sometimes it just feels easier not to eat at all than to have to figure out what I can eat. Especially after looking at all of my son's foods.

Ok, rant over.

Replies

• Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    Find something easy and simple. I am not a morning eater either. But I make sure to drink a low carb protein shake, a few boiled eggs or half of a whole wheat bagel every morning. Usually 2 of those 3 first thing every AM.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I suggest drinking a protein shake in the mornings. You can mix the protein powder with water or milk. Or you can buy the pre-mixed shakes that serve as a meal replacement.
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You need to look after yourself so you can look after your family. If 10 am is your breakfast time, eat a good breakfast at that time.Make your lunch a little later , at 1 or 2 PM, and then your dinner should be ok at your normal time. That's what I would do.
    But remember, look after yourself.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    i used to hate eating breakfast/would get sick from it. what i had to do was force myself to drink a kellogg's protein shake or carnation instant breakfast (no suggar added kind). i did that for a few months and then starting eating fruit, then moved to cream of wheat, etc... now i could probably eat a cow for breakfast because i am starving when i wake up.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I started out small, with just a glass of chocolate milk right away in the morning until I got used to it. That's really all you need is a little something to get you jump-started!