Newbie here!

Options
Hello everyone!

Amanda here, 25 years old 363lbs. This is my first real attempt to lose weight the "right" way. Counting calories and treadmill time. Always looking for support, tips or advice. I currently walk 2.0 on the tredmill for a half hour a day (5 days total now) and I've already lost 1.6lbs! My Only concern is Im currently on a high blood pressure pill called atenolol, Ive heard bad things about taking this and having trouble losing weight at the same time. Any one else have this problem?

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You are in the right place for support, encouragement, inspirational and accountability. You can do it!!! The hardest part is taking the first step so good for you for doing that.
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great start to your new you...My Fitness Pal is great and it is a wonderful way to get in shape because you can see everything you are eating and where you can correct to eat a healthier lifestyle. I have been using this website and the iPhone app to track my calories. If, you need support and help, I am here for you...
  • mom111997
    mom111997 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Glad you're here!

With regards to the high blood pressure pill... I've heard the same thing. But - keep going at it. You aren't in a race to lose weight - it's a lifestyle change. It will be a life long journey for you (us!). Hang in there - and congrats on your 1.6 !!!
  • Alishaa18
    Alishaa18 Posts: 21
    Options
    Congrats Amanda!!!..Just taking that first step is a big deal!...I am also on blood pressue meds. I have medical background and I've heard of that being an issue. if you continue to lose weight and keep exercising your blood pressure will probably go down some. goodluck!!!..have a great day!!!

Alisha
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    As Alishaa18 said, you start watching your diet, exercising and as the pounds continue to come off the less and less you will have to take your blood pressure medicine.
  • onmyweightohappiness
    onmyweightohappiness Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I agree with what everyone else says, your making the effort, tracking & moving, things will get better over time and you may not need your medications anymore!
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm also on Atenolol. I started my journey at 350 pounds and have lost 81 lbs, I haven't had an issue with the atenolol. Good luck! :)
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    welcome, you have done the worst bit and now for the succesful future, good luck, this is a great site and there are some lovely people for support :smile:
  • megrrt
    megrrt Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will love this website! There is so much support and help here.
    :flowerforyou:
    Good luck on your journey!