Fairly new and wanting to find other teenage girls/boys...

jennalouise27
jennalouise27 Posts: 12 Member
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
Okay so I am 18 years old, 5'4" and currently 168lbs...
My GW is 140lbs and although I am currently a student with no driving license, I am still finding it hard to make time for exercise and healthy eating.
I cycle to college and back everyday (8 miles)... go jogging 3 times a week and I walk the dog at least 3 times a week for an hour or so...
I guess my downfall is being out and about and unhealthy fast foods and snacks being cheaper and more accessible, even the cafe at college only stocks one salad a day which is coated in fatty dressing...
I just want to feel healthier, and some tips on how to stay healthy when out... especially in social occasions...
Any teenage girls/boys having/had the same problem and got some tips or success stories for me??

:)

Replies

• carp68
    carp68 Posts: 42
    dhqi
  • leonardk09
    leonardk09 Posts: 86 Member
    My advice would be always check the MFP database. It helps immensely. If you have a smart phone or iphpone, there is an app as well. Always check and see if what there is available to eat is in fact edible (health wise). Having 1 order of a 4 piece chicken Mcnugget isn't as bad as the 10 piece... ect. :) You can still eat fast food, but in moderation, and so long as your under or barely above your values.

I always stress this, because I love Taco Bell. I get a crunchwrap supreme like once every two weeks, and fit it in to my schedule.
  • jennalouise27
    Thanks you guys... It's just a bit of a pain when most of my friends look like twiglets, are size 8 or size 6 and eat shedloads of rubbish!!
  • Wow, you get so much more exercise than me! That's great, really :) I never had a problem with fast food because I grew up hardly ever eating it but I do feel what you say about your college cafe. The canteen at the uni I'm going to right now doesn't even have proper vegetables. They serve 1/8 of a tomato on some shredded lettuce, drizzle it with some creamy sauce, and that does it. Oh yeah, I'm 5'8'' and weigh 143 lbs. Anyway, can you try to limit yourself to one or two times of fastfood a week? Or just carry around a lunchbox with some canapes or other finger food when you want to snack. Preparing your own food isn't really that hard. Good luck :)
  • jennalouise27
    I know right!! The canteens are generally awful with what they call 'health foods' and those are some really good ideas bexx, what snacks would you recommend??
  • Wholewheat crackers are good- I don't know what brands you have, though :)
    Celery sticks, carrot sticks- not good if you like them cold
    rice cakes, corn cakes- keep airtight or they don't stay crunchy
    dates
    some unsalted nuts

That's all I can think of from the top of my head :)
  • I feel the same way, I am only 17 but I have the same problem with the healthy eating thing especially when mom makes something for dinner that is fried and everybody else is eating it! I try to buy 100 calorie snacks and alot of fruit though and just snack on that after school so that I am not very hungry when dinner comes. I just started this program and hopefully it works for me!!
This discussion has been closed.