i'm frusterated HELP!!

Options
I have just joined this site and hope to have tools and support to help me lose the rest of my weight on my own I've lost 50lbs but i have a stubborn 80lbs left to go and I've hit a plateau. I had a heartattack in june so it opened my eyes as to what overweight can do to your health. I'm always told I eat to little calories and it slows my metabolism. Imagine that to little food and it makes me fat.:ohwell: !:ohwell:

Replies

• guidocat
    Options
    I have just joined this site and hope to have tools and support to help me lose the rest of my weight on my own I've lost 50lbs but i have a stubborn 80lbs left to go and I've hit a plateau. I had a heartattack in june so it opened my eyes as to what overweight can do to your health. I'm always told I eat to little calories and it slows my metabolism. Imagine that to little food and it makes me fat.:ohwell: !:ohwell:
  • jgwilske
    Options
    Imagine that to little food and it makes me fat. ! ......yep, it sure does. You have to eat to loose. use the tools here to set up your diet.
  • guidocat
    Options
    kinda crazy but i guess true! Thanks for the comment. have you been on here for awhile?
    Beth
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I can certainly imagine it. Glad you have joined. I hope you continue the road to recovery. Where is your calorie limit at now if you don't mind me asking. I am currently on the journey to lose at least 80-100 lbs myself. It is sort of scary to look at it in that frame. I normally just take it 5 or 10 lbs at a time.

When I plateaued I tried alot of different things and still am honestly but one thing that did help is adjusting my calorie intake. I was at 1300 which was doing great then all of a sudden a brick wall and I changed to 1600. Within 2 days I lost again. Go figure.

A gentleman I know has been losing for 2 years now and has lost probably about 90lbs. He said to me not to give up when you hit a plateau it is just your body catching up to where you are physically. To me that helped. I don't know if that will help you but it is a nice way to look at it.

Eve
  • jessjess
    Options
    It IS crazy that you have to eat to lose weight..but true. I had also hit a plateau before I joined this site a couple weeks ago. I had been on a strict 1200 calorie diet. These past few weeks I've upped my calories (thought I over-did-it) but hey, I lost 3 more pounds!
  • noogiep
    Options
    Happy New Year! You are in my thoughts!!:wink:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    guidocat
    Welcome! I hope you find this site helpful. I know that it has been a huge help to me.
    Here's to much success to you in the New Year.
    We are all here for you.