Zumba, how to log on exercise diary

pamarnold
pamarnold Posts: 36
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
Tonight is my first night of Zumba class. I will want to add that to my exercise for the day. However, I can't find it in the database. The closest I found was "Dancing, aerobic" but that is only showing 333 calories burned in 1 hour. I am told that an average Zumba class burns upwards of 500 calories per 1 hour session. What would be an accurate way of logging Zumba on my exercise stats?

Replies

• hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Hi, I had the same difficulty, I Added Exercise and put 500 calories in per hour, therefore I knew I wasn't over estimating my calorie burn! xx
  • autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    I had the same problem and got a hrm and i average now about 560-580 in a hour of zumba. So to get best accuracy i would get a hrm. It all boils down to you how hard you go at it. Im a lil bit over weight still so i can burn more calories then someone who might be in better shape.
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    When I do Zumba, I log it in as jazzercise. Its a pretty close equivalent - for me it equals 574 cals/hour for 210 person.

Hope that helps!
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    I use Aerobics, High Impact.
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    i used aerobics high impact or dancing.. just depending on how hard i work our during it..
This discussion has been closed.