Disrespected by my stepson

Options

Replies

• jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Wow! I cannot fathom that any parent would allow thier child to be so disrespectful, and rude :mad: Sounds like maybe it IS time to take advantage of some of the resources offered here, and simply get into a better space for you, and your girls. Obviously, those "guys" just don't get it.You deserve better, period!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I'm still speechless that he said that to me, and that his dad didn't do diddly-squat about it. Guess I know where I stand around the house.....low on the totem pole, so to speak. I'm going to see about moving in with my brother..he has two spare bedrooms. Let my husband and his son be miserable SOBs all by themselves!

Thanks for letting me vent. Y'all are the closest friends I have. :heart:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I'm SO GLAD to hear you have family locally who can take you in.
    You deserve better than what hubby has been giving you.
    Your daughters deserve better, and to know that his treatment is unacceptable.
    :heart: (((hugs)))):heart:
  • tyncaitysmom
    Options
    WOW! I will keep you and your girls in my prayers. Please know that you are worth more than being disrespected by an 18 year old. I am shocked to hear that your husband was just as disrespectful. Remember you only have one life and you need to do the right thing for you and your daughters.
  • johnsscarlett
    johnsscarlett Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I'm still speechless that he said that to me, and that his dad didn't do diddly-squat about it. Guess I know where I stand around the house.....low on the totem pole, so to speak. I'm going to see about moving in with my brother..he has two spare bedrooms. Let my husband and his son be miserable SOBs all by themselves!

I started my day out reading your post and it really broke my heart :brokenheart: I am so glad to know that you are going to do something about your situation. Best of luck to you. Keep us posted. I will hold you up in my prayers.:flowerforyou:
  • licia67
    licia67 Posts: 109
    Options

I am glad to hear that you are making this choice, please let us know how things go.
    Also, once you get out seek out some resources that will help you keep from going back. That is something that I did not do when I was in a similar relationship and I kept going back....things got a lot worse for me.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options

I am glad to hear that you are making this choice, please let us know how things go.
    Also, once you get out seek out some resources that will help you keep from going back. That is something that I did not do when I was in a similar relationship and I kept going back....things got a lot worse for me.

God bless you sweetie. It's hard, but you and your babies deserve SO much more. You are worth ten times what those men are giving you.

If you need any push, listen to some Miranda Lambert. :wink: Sets the mood to move your girls and yourself into a respectful enviroment!!

:flowerforyou:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    He thinks that since he turned 18, his crap doesn't stink and he doesn't have to abide by the house rules anymore. He got up in my face and said, "Shut the f*** up, b****!" And telling his dad won't do any good, because this kind of thing has come up before, and his dad says, "He was here first...if you don't like how you are treated here, you can leave.". I know blood is thicker than water, but damn, I think that his dad should step in and say something to defend me. But knowing how this family works, I don't think that will happen. I'm ready to move out because I am tired of being treated like garbage. My kids and I don't deserve this.

douchenozzle sr. and douchenozzle jr. deserve each other. clean out his bank accounts while he is at work and leave.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Simply put, you have hitched your wagon to an idiot with no backbone.

It's time for you to go.

If a man, cannot even stand up to his own children for his woman, then he is no man at all.

You are not just a woman, but his partner, his equal. His son, no matter how old, under most conditions, shall never be that.

Again, its time for you to go. He doesn't respect you and that's the gist. There is no relationship without respect, miss.

Godspeed to you.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    The bottom line is; do you want your daughters to learn that it is okay for men to treat women like this? Do you want them to repeat your mistakes and hook up with men who don't respect them? Is this the role model you want to show them?
    If it was me, I'd be gone so fast the wind from the door would knock that *kitten* kid over, and his dad too.
  • jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Your husband should make sure his son respects you. My stepson is 14 but is 6'3" so is way bigger than me and there is no way my husband would let him get away with disrespecting me or his mom. That's just the way it works. Kids should respect you and your husband should stand behind you. It doesn't matter that he had him before you got together, he still is supposed to respect you even if he is 18 and if he chooses not to, he should be out not you. But if your husband is this way and doesn't make him respect you, maybe you need to leave. You should not be treated this way. I'm sorry.
  • malyndad
    malyndad Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter who was there first. You don't deserve to be treated that way, and if you take it, you are teaching your daughters that it's okay for them to be treated this way as well. I lived in an abusive (psychological) relationship for 10 years before I had the courage to leave. Please respect yourself and your girls, you deserve it!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    U ARE RIGHT! Don't put up with that garbage any longer..... I would start looking for a new place to live right now girl. For him to allow that amount of disrespect to an adult is absurd! I would pack and keep it a surprise until the last minute.......
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Your partner shouldn't tolerate his son speaking to ANYONE that way, let alone you. I'm sorry, but I have to agree that by allowing this kind of disrespect from his son, he is showing the whole family how to treat you.

It's always difficult to walk away, but his inaction speaks volumes about the way he sees you. You deserve better. Everyone does.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I never dated people with children...nothing good could come of it.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I see you've gotten a lot of very good responses already... but I'd like to point out that since your stepson is 18 and a legal adult, keep in mind that if he ever touches you or threatens you (or even if you FEEL threatened) your husband may not do anything about it, but the police sure as hell will. Call the cops on him and press whatever charges will stick. That might be the wake-up call both he and your husband need to show that you won't take any more of their crap.

Good luck!
  • chooselove
    chooselove Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You are correct, his dad should step in and explain (loudly if need be) the correct way to treat women, much less someone who is a mother figure. He isn't doing your step son any favors. He will have a hard time with women and relationships until he figures this out. Unfortunately your husband doesn't sound as if he's figured it out either, thus your relationship problems.

this.

i say leave them both.
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I would say to kick the stepson out, but it seems that your husband is just as bad. I don't know why you even wrote about this here as you already know what you should do. The father doesn't respect you and neither will the son since he doesn't seem to have been raised the right way. Get out before you waste anymore of your life being with losers.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Ummmm........this thread is 4 1/2 years old.

I'm pretty sure the situation has resolved itself one way or the other.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,100 Member
    Options
    I think she divorced his *kitten* like four years ago, ya'll. She's on my friend list...

Here's a great thread by the OP that is actually fun to read...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/35943-free-therapy-another-open-letter