Love my Polar!

Options
I got my Polar F6 yesterday. Got it all programmed last night and used it today. The chest strap wasnt even noticeable. I did cardio work for 50 minutes and burned 516 calories. It was a couple points off from the machines but pretty close. I think I found my new best friend. :0)

Replies

• chubbymom
    Options
    I got my Polar F6 yesterday. Got it all programmed last night and used it today. The chest strap wasnt even noticeable. I did cardio work for 50 minutes and burned 516 calories. It was a couple points off from the machines but pretty close. I think I found my new best friend. :0)
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    hello

i just ordered a f4 online yesterday,, i should receive it sometimes this week..

I CAN T WAITTTTT :laugh:

may
  • tamifanny
    Options
    Hi girls....

what is a Polar if I might ask? Should I ask for this for my birthday on Thursday? hehehe

Does it keep me from eating?

I hope so because I just had a Dr's appt & ask for any weight lose help & do you know what (she) the Dr. said to me? Exercise more. Don't go over your calories. Hello? Where's the miracle pill I asked?

Have a Great Day:laugh:
  • amyjoh
    Options
    Amen sister!!! Oh to just be able to take a pill and watch it all go away!!!!

:angry: :grumble: :angry: :grumble:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    polar is a brand for heart rate monitor

a heart rate monitor tells you how fast you heart beats, this is usefull when you workout,
    some hrm (heart rate monitor) also provide you with info like how many calories you have burned in your workout...

so by knowing how many calories you burned,, you can know how many calories you need to eat

also.. it's usefull to know your heart rate when your working out to make sure you are in your target zone,,, your target zone is how fast your hear rate should be to achieve the aerobic stage..

hope that helps
    may
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I am sooooooo jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have wanted one 4-ever, but I can't seem to justify it with 4 kids that need more. Someday though~it is definently on my wish list!!!!!!! Have a great day guys.:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I :heart: my F6!

I got a quote for a personal trainer at $1800....DH ran and bought me my Polar ASAP!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sukey
    sukey Posts: 25
    Options
    I am thinking of buying a Polar HRM, but I am totally confused about which model I should get. There are so many different Polar HRM models available. I know that they all "upgrade" so that each can do a little bit more than the lower model. My question is, which one should I buy? Do I need - will I use - or will I want some of the information on the more deluxe models?

Those of you that have one, do you like your model? Do you actually use all the extra stuff on the model? Which would you recommend?

Thanks so much!!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    It mainly depends on a few factors:

do you work out at a gym? or at home/outside?
    - the models that are lower than an "F6" (I think. . ..somebody correct me if I'm wrong here) are not individually coded. . .so at the gym. . .another HRM can interfere with your signals. (guy on the elliptical next to you, etc.)

how much are you willing to spend?
    -obviously, the higher models do more/are more interface-able with your PC. (that being said, the polar tracking website is not fancy, nor do I find it user friendly.

how important is the comfort of the chest strap?
    -(again, someone correct me if I'm wrong) The F6 has a stiffer strap than the F11. (at least it did when I checked on it a while back. I think you can upgrade/purchase a separate strap for the 6 if that's important to you.

I own the F11. . .and I love it, but I'm still, after six months. . .not using all the features. And I'm a gadget freak. Apparently, it will talk to my computer through a microphone. . .but I've yet to use this feature. It does have a very long memory capability. . .so I can look back and see how many hours I've exercised in six months.
  • sukey
    sukey Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks! I do not work out at a gym. And I can't even use all the features on my phone! But I do like my comfort.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    You could probably use an F4 or an F6. At the polar website, you can compare the models side-by-side to see which one has the features you need.:flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    do you work out at a gym? or at home/outside?
    - the models that are lower than an "F6" (I think. . ..somebody correct me if I'm wrong here) are not individually coded. . .so at the gym. . .another HRM can interfere with your signals. (guy on the elliptical next to you, etc.)

Really???? I have the F4 model but I have not been to the gym since I got it. I workout at home or outdoors. That could be a problem. I have plans to go to the gym this Thu. Oh oh!!! How do I know if it is malfunctioning or getting interference? :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    It's only if someone is very near to you that this happens. I got the F11 because at my old spin class I was literally elbow to elbow with other people, and a lot of them had HRM. At my new gym, outside of my one spin teacher, I haven't seen another HRM.

You know when you're getting interference. You'll zero out or get a HR that makes no sense (this is what I've been told, I've never experienced it.)

You have to be next to someone not only with the same brand, but the same model. (it was just a concern I had. . .) that I wanted to point out. I wouldn't worry too much. . .
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I am sooooooo jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have wanted one 4-ever, but I can't seem to justify it with 4 kids that need more. Someday though~it is definently on my wish list!!!!!!! Have a great day guys.:flowerforyou:

Same here...I'm holding out for Christmas!:laugh: