I made it through

FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
Today was the official 10K. I ran the ENTIRE way through and even when in my head I was saying stop and walk a good voice in my head said NO RUN IT OR REGRET IT!!!!! So only slowing down at small hills and to dump water on myself I made it through after the first mile I was in disbelief that I had only did about an 11 minute mile. My total time was 1:14:47. I SPRINTED to the finish line to make sure I finished under 1:15. It was great Carnegie mellon had thier marching band out for us, Pitt had the Panther and cheerleaders and Duquesne had flaggers and a marching band as well. I thought I was gonna die on my last mile which was almost solid gradual uphill, but I thought I made it this far just RUN!!! So I did and had a VICTORIOUS DAY. I am gonna post my pic perhaps tommorrow.

Replies

• FitJoani
    Today was the official 10K. I ran the ENTIRE way through and even when in my head I was saying stop and walk a good voice in my head said NO RUN IT OR REGRET IT!!!!! So only slowing down at small hills and to dump water on myself I made it through after the first mile I was in disbelief that I had only did about an 11 minute mile. My total time was 1:14:47. I SPRINTED to the finish line to make sure I finished under 1:15. It was great Carnegie mellon had thier marching band out for us, Pitt had the Panther and cheerleaders and Duquesne had flaggers and a marching band as well. I thought I was gonna die on my last mile which was almost solid gradual uphill, but I thought I made it this far just RUN!!! So I did and had a VICTORIOUS DAY. I am gonna post my pic perhaps tommorrow.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Congrats! Good job. Its funny how hard it feels and how unsure you feel while you are doing it but afterwards it feels sooooo great both physically and emotionally.:tongue:
  • FitJoani
    absolutely. When I hit the 6 mile mark I heard everyone screaming for us between people who ran the 5K, other 10Kers who had finished friends volunteers family members it was motivating to just finish and not walk thru the finish line. Two ladies I passed grabbed hands and said were finishing this together they had ran it together. That was cute.
  • simlane
    simlane Posts: 31 Member
    oh wow congrats!!!!
    what a brill person you are!!

3479.png
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    36_1_11.gif

10K! WOW! That is great! Way to go!
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Excellent!!!

I just started training to run a half marathon. I haven't run that far yet. I am impressed that you powered through and finished. Way to go on your training. :smile:
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    :smile: Congratulations! I hope I can do half as well when I do my 5K.
  • wow amazing!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Congratulations! That is so cool!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • You have to be so proud of yourself..way to go:happy:
  • FitJoani
    Excellent!!!

I just started training to run a half marathon. I haven't run that far yet. I am impressed that you powered through and finished. Way to go on your training. :smile:
    I wanna do a halfie next year. I want to finish under 2 hrs(or a couple over). I was shocked everytime I passed the time coubnters. I thought there is NO WAY I am doing this pace. I was passing people who LOOKED like serious runners. There were people puttering and walking the first hill!!! So that felt good.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!