Hey are there any cowgirls out there??

Options
Just thought I would post this topic, was wondering if any of you girls are cowgirls? Whether you just like the western way of life or actually are living the lifestyle. I would be fun to have that in common with someone.

How is everybody doing??:happy:

Replies

• amyjoh
    Options
    Just thought I would post this topic, was wondering if any of you girls are cowgirls? Whether you just like the western way of life or actually are living the lifestyle. I would be fun to have that in common with someone.

How is everybody doing??:happy:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Just curious, how does one be a cowgirl?
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :smile: I am a Harley Cowgirl, love western shirts, harley shirts, boot cut blue jeans and western boots. Loved cowboy boots near all my life, first pair were black ones bought at KMart by my dad and were so big had to stuff the toes to keep them on. Didn't matter though because they were mine!:heart:
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My uncle is a cowboy, and when my niece starts to whine he says to her, "Cowgirl up!" I love that..Cowgirl up! :laugh:
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    ME! lol...

I'm not necessarily a COWgirl, but I am definitely a Country Girl! :laugh:
  • amyjoh
    Options
    LOL!! I guess there are different types of cowgirls. It is a very wide definition!! As I have read the responses to this post, I have learned about even more!! So as to how you become one, well it is probably more inside than outside. I suppose I look pretty cowgirl on the outside, ride horses, live on a ranch with my husband a rancher, have cow poop on me alot of days, but I do have some city girl in me too!! I am not afraid to wear a dress and heels!!lol!!!

Maybe it is a female version of a cowboy?? I don't know anybody got a definition??
  • amyjoh
    Options
    ME! lol...

I'm not necessarily a COWgirl, but I am definitely a Country Girl!

SWeet that is what I like to hear!!
  • amyjoh
    Options
    I like that Harley Cowgirl, see there is another type of cowgirl!!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I ride almost everyday, and train colts. I guess I'm a cowgirl. Two weekends ago I went on a 7 hour trail ride. Yesterday I went to a horse sale and got a May '08 colt for $50. I bought his sister at the same sale last year and she has turned out real nice (she was $75) Got to love the horse market right now. He's a papered bay roan Quarter Horse, with Handcock lines. I actually get to name him because they hadn't yet. I was thinking something with Handcockadoodle doo in it, and call him Doodle.

My girlfriend got a really nice Quarter Horse mare there yesterday also. A little kid rode her (the horse, not my friend) in. Nice linage, 8 years old $625.

But the horse I really wanted did go high (for this area) $5100. Really nice ranch brook 3 colored paint. Really soft. But out of my price range.:cry:

Maybe you shouldn't get me started on horses.

You can look at my pictures and the little horse on there is one I started this summer. That is him after his first 30 days and my son Branigan. I love this little horse. Definately one I won't sale.
  • amyjoh
    Options
    YOu are so right about the horse market right now!! We have 5 horses so can't be looking to get another right now. Sounds like you have some nice babies.

I love my horses! I actually have the vet coming to looke at my old gelding right now I will keep you posted gotta go He Just showed up!!!

aj
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Hope your boy is okay. Yeah I love my babies too. I try to keep only two or three at a time, but I've ended up with eight before, I swear they just multiply (I'm not sure how bc I didn't have any mares, but they multiple.

We only have 3 right now. "Dollar" (Zan Pat Two) he's my 3 year old that I started this summer. He was a small 2 year old so I waited to start him. Then I have a yearling that is the same color (kind of a Red Dun/Roan) as Dollar. We call him River, his name is Roany Red River or something like that. I'll probably start him this winter bc he is kind of big. Then we have Doodle. We also have a mini jack that is just way too cute for words, but he is more like a dog than a donkey.

Nothing usually lasts at our house very long, bc I'm the only one that really loves to ride (maybe I should get my kids some thing broke? They might like to ride then.) And I get a colt started and usually sell it. Dollar is pretty special though. I'm keeping him. I'll have to see how these other two end up before I make a decision about them. It's funny bc I was riding Dollar at a workshop and my dad pulled my hubby aside and said "Don't let her sell that horse". I guess I have a bad habbit of starting them and then selling them.

Let me know how the vet check goes.
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Country girl here! Grew up in small-town Tennessee... never had a farm or a horse of my own, but I was out on somebody's farm riding somebody's horse most weekends.

I live in Houston with my husband now and I almost can't stand it. He grew up here so he just doesn't get why I feel so oppressed by stinky air, skyscrapers, 8-line highways, tollways, 50 billboards per mile and the fact that I haven't seen real darkness and stars in the whole year we've been here.

I miss horses and friendly country folk and the way hay smells. :ohwell:

Hell, I even miss manure! :laugh:
  • His_Kelly
    Options
    Heck yes, I am a cowgirl!
  • amyjoh
    Options
    Kerikitkat, You definitely are a cowgirl!! You even miss manure, which is a mainstay of country girls/cowgirls!
  • amyjoh
    Options
    bauekel, love to hear that we have some country/cowgirls out there!!!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Does the fact that I LOVE country, real country, music make me an honorary cowgirl? I love to ride horses but have never owned one. I'm not above cleaning out a stall!!!

Memaw
  • amyjoh
    Options
    Memaw you soooo qualify!! Being a cowgirl is so about just loving what cowgirls/country girls love!

It is an awesome way of life.

aj:flowerforyou:
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    def not a cowgirl but do love them :wink: . Was a full time ranch workin, cattle workin, hay bailing, fence buildingcattle man until i was 23 and still help out during calving season when my schedule lets me. like the saying says u can take a person out of the country but cant take the country out of the person.
  • amyjoh
    Options
    Cowgirls are pretty likeable aren't they? It is true the lifestyle of a cowboy in your situation, is in you forever isn't it?! It's great you can still at least get a little taste of it now and then!!:happy:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I've been riding since I was 4. I guess that counts me in!

I've been on the Paint, Quarter, and Palomino circuit.
    I haven't ridden in a while though, my last show horse went lame and while my trainers and parents tried to get me to get another horse, I never gave up on him.
    It took 3 years to get him to walk without limping...and now my little baby is doing just fine as a beautiful pasture ornament.

We placed at the World Palomino Youth show 3 years, and were top 10 in 5 classes.

I miss it too much...now that I'm in college I rarely have time to ride, but it is one of those things that has really defined me as a person. No one believes it when I tell them that I was a rodeo queen at age 13 and went on the world titles.

Just a little secret I guess!

I just uploaded a picture of me on my very first horse when I was 6....he died a year ago at age 32! CRAZY...just the perfect horse.