Weigh In Questions!

Metamorphasis555
Metamorphasis555 Posts: 224
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
How often do you weigh yourself & how often do you update your weight tracker? I'm sure this will probably be different for everyone. Just curious to see what everyone has to say about this.

Replies

• SueHerm
    SueHerm Posts: 25 Member
    I weight myself daily, but I only record in my tracker once a week.

I know some people say daily weighing isn't good, but it helps me be aware of the natural ups and downs. I'm at a age (over 50) where my weight loss path isn't linear, sometimes it's two steps forward and one step back, even though I'm perfectly on program.
  • Harrar10
    Harrar10 Posts: 116
    I usually weigh myself every sunday, but I am starting a new 7 week challenge and will be weighing myself every friday.
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    i weigh daily and track whenever there is a loss....also if there is a gain for more than 3-4 days i track that also.
  • kdelost630
    kdelost630 Posts: 196 Member
    I've been struggling with a plateau, so I've been weighing myself every morning just to see what foods are affecting my weight--but usually every Sunday morning is when I log. :)
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    I weigh every morning before and after workouts, but I only record on Sundays.
  • IamLyssa
    IamLyssa Posts: 21
    I decided I'm not going to weigh my self until mid of July. I really don't like to be disappointed and i don't like my numbers going up and down. I know how much I weigh which is 190lbs and i have been doing this for the past weeks and I'm really going to keep going, it's like an extra goal and an extra challenge for me... MFP is great at all of the tools it provides so I'm confident i will see results, i already do in my clothing and the way i feel. :) but that's just me..feel free anyone to add me as a friend I'm new to the site.
  • I weigh daily but only log once a week on Saturday mornings.
  • rcallbeck
    rcallbeck Posts: 37 Member
    I weigh myself daily - I like to see the day to day trending, especially now in the early days of my weight loss. I take the successes as a good thing, and the gains as a reminder to keep at it and keep the goal in sight. That said, if I miss a weigh in, it's not a big deal to me. I've also started tracking my other measurements (neck, hips, waist), though I will likely be checking those evry few weeks or monthly.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    I weigh daily and log when I lose or if I've gained and it's stayed on for a few days
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    I weigh in every single morning (after I use the ladies room!) but only record it on Fridays!
    I find I'm more accountable for my actions when I see the number everyday go up or down!

But I use an app on my phone that lets you record your weight daily and it shows you how much it goes up and down during a week! it is pretty cool to see the differences and see the changes from week to week.
  • Thanks for your input about this everyone. :)
  • I'm going to weigh myself weekly.. in the hope that I've something to show for it!! :)
  • Once a week
This discussion has been closed.