Hello Fellow My Fitness Pals!

Options
Jhillian
Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
Hello,

So I've finally decided I need to lose weight! Period.
My weight has always been the same I was a solid 132lbs.
A happy healthy weight for my size 5ft 4in 23 year old body.
Then I had 3 children over the last 3 years. So I've kinda let myself go.
I never even noticed the weight until I took some before pictures and
I'm kinda disgusted at myself. Everyone would tell me, you look fine and hey you had kids.
Well for me there are NO EXCUSES!

I've now been on my weight loss journey for 1 Month. I've lost a total of 8lbs but that was mostly in the
1st week. Since I can't seem to lose any just maintain. With the summer months we have a lot of gatherings
so its hard for me to remember I'm trying to lose weight.

So if anyone has any advice for Gatherings, or tips on maybe what I need to change to get over my already plateau.
For exercise, at night about 9 or 10pm I go for a 40 min speed walk and do 1 of my P90X exercises/ or Turbo Jam.
So roughly I burn around 400cal/day. I'm really trying to stick to my daily intake of Cals as well.

I don't have much for equipment either, just my workout vids a pair of turbo weighted gloves, and a yoga mat.
So maybe advice about household items I could use for weights would be good.

Actually I'll take all the advice I can get lol I really want to look good for my partner, and I want to do this for me most importantly,
really feel good about myself again. And of course be healthy for my kids.

thanks and goodluck to all you others out there doing the same!!!

Replies

• Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Well done you for making a great start!
    I think water bottles make great hand weights, because they are often shaped to fit your hand and you can put as much water in them as you like to vary the workload!
    Good luck!
    Lindsay
  • pinkgirlzoe
    pinkgirlzoe Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome.

you have come to the right place. add me for motivation and support

zoe
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thank You, Water Bottles certainly make sense since on my power walks I tend to drink a lot might as well take 2 :)