Planet Fitness

Options
katt742
katt742 Posts: 196 Member
Anyone ever been to one? There is a new one opening right down the street from me and Im considering joining. Ive heard mixed reviews. I dont really need to join a gym but 1. Its only $10.00 month and 2. I am interesting in becoming a fitness instructor/personal trainer and would like to have some gym experience...

Replies

• MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I love it! I go to the one here on my off days to do strength training or in the winter do run on the treadmill. It accomplishes what it needs to. Our just got brand new equipment too! I say go for it! I love it!
  • AJAdkins
    AJAdkins Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That is where I go.. I really like it there.. But be aware that it's $10/month then once a year they charge you $49..
    Their gym is clean (at least the one I go to) and they are super helpful.. I actually met with one of their trainers for the first time last night and she was AWESOME!! :D Hope this helps.
  • tbjohnson1
    tbjohnson1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Planet Fitness! You can't beat the price and they have every machine you could possibly want (plus tanning!). I live in Tuscaloosa and ours recently got destroyed by the April 27th tornado (along with everything else ): so I have been without a gym for over a month. I've had to resort to walking outside, which is actually more inconvenient for me than going to a gym.
  • sshap21712
    sshap21712 Posts: 139
    Options
    I have been going to Planet Fitness since the beginning of my weight loss journey. I ave been very impressed by their customer service. They create a nice warm atmosphere to work out in, their equipment is modern and well maintained, and their facilities are clean and inviting. There are trainers that walk the floor and are available to all members free of charge. While they could probably have more machines (sometimes I have to wait for my favorite ones), for the price you just can't beat it!
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    i've been a member at one for probably 2 1/2 years now. i did the $10 a month membership, and all i can say is you get what you're paying for. it's just the very basic of gyms. mine had plenty of machines and a good variety, but it didn't have a pool or any kind of courts for sports. it was perfect for me, since i just needed access to a basic gym, but some people need more than what it has to offer.
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I SWEAR BY MY PLANET FITNESS!! :-D Things I love:

It has everything I'm looking for: cardio machines, stretching and abs area, free weights AND weight machines. It also has massage chairs and tanning beds but I don't use those.

The staff are really nice. They check you in every time you come through the door and they know who you are if you go often enough.

It's not "social hour". I typically go somewhere between 5pm and 8pm when it's really busy in there and I love it because everyone's focused. No one's watching me, no one wants to chat with me, I just get in, get my workout on, and it's my ME time. :)

There are ALL kinds of people there. It's TRULY a judgement free zone so you're going to see everyone from the old men whose shorts are TOO SHORT, lol, to people trying to work out in khakis or something to the super buff dudes with their tanktops dripping with sweat. You'll see very overweight people, very fit people, and everything in between.

I find that when I workout outside I cut things short. When I go to PF, I stay on the treadmil longer, then I go stretch and do abs/yoga/push ups (I am just recently ABLE to do a push up, lol)

It's a great place. :) Try it!
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I think I might try it. I usually jog outside but sometimes when it's raining, or tooooo hot, or in the winter its hard for me to get in cardio. I have a treadmill at home but it's possessed lol. I also weight train at home to a dvd but I think once im more comfortable with it I can do it at a gym....
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am a member and even though every location may be a little different, overall it's a great franchise and I'm very happy with it. There is plenty of equipment and different kinds of equipment. You can't really beat $10 a month for unlimited use. I pay $20 and can use the massage chairs, tan (not that I use either) and can go to any PF and can bring friends to my 'home' gym. Even at $20 that's a steal!