Hi. I'm new and I have a question.

Hi. My name is Breanna. I don't eat enough calories, and after reading a few threads, I have a question. I've been keeping a log for about a week now. My average calorie amount is like 800. I don't get hungry at all. It's the result of a surgery I had. Also, I can barely smell, so foods don't have much flavor, unless they're really sweet, sour, spicy, or salty. I was wondering if you could suggest some foods with a good amount of calories that I would like enough to continue eating. My BMR is 1,418. Any advice or anything would really help. Thanks! :happy:

Replies

• Hi. My name is Breanna. I don't eat enough calories, and after reading a few threads, I have a question. I've been keeping a log for about a week now. My average calorie amount is like 800. I don't get hungry at all. It's the result of a surgery I had. Also, I can barely smell, so foods don't have much flavor, unless they're really sweet, sour, spicy, or salty. I was wondering if you could suggest some foods with a good amount of calories that I would like enough to continue eating. My BMR is 1,418. Any advice or anything would really help. Thanks! :happy:
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    they say the minimum is 1200 a day. So if you aren't hungry for that extra 400, I suggest drink a chocolate milk. That's 400 calories of goodness!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    You could have a couple of spoons of peanut butter..high calorie but good calories. :flowerforyou:
  • I agree with the peanut butter. Also almonds are a good source of fat. Protein shakes for breakfast might be a good idea too.
  • High protein shakes, or bars, mixed nuts. Just avoid eating lots of high calorie, low nutrition choices just to get your calories.
  • Those are great ideas, Thanks! Maybe tomorrow I can make a smoothie. I guess I could just look up the calories of things I'd like to eat. Hopefully that'll improve my energy level. Thanks again. :smile:
  • my wife had the problem of not putting on enough weight during pregnancy, her doctor suggested milk shakes, she particulaly grew found of steak and shake,,,good luck
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Dairy, oh my sweet dairy...
    Cheese and crackers.
    Milk shakes.
    Ice cream.

Any type of nuts.
    Peanut butter.
    Peanut butter and crackers.
    Peanut butter and jelly sammiches.
    Peanut butter and jelly mixed together in a bowl. SUPER SWEET HIGH CAL TREAT!