NSV Roll Call!

Options
Hey MFPeeps! This is a friendly reminder that the scale should never be the defining factor in your success. In keeping with this frame of mind I would love to hear some of your Non Scale Victories (NSV) from the past couple of weeks. It can be anything you want to share.

What's something you couldn't do before that you can now? Did you push yourself extra hard in the past few weeks? Did you log really well? Did you drop a pant size?

Share away! Let's encourage each other to focus on all of our successes no matter how small.

I'll start: When I started on MFP I was wearing a size 28 pant and yesterday I fit into a size 20. Down 4 sizes in 4 months! Today I was able to paint my toenails comfortably without losing my breath or being in pain!

Replies

• Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    I had an NSV yesterday!!!!...I always use beach towels because the regular bath sheets wouldn't close to cover me across the waist and hips...Yesterday I had to use one as mine were in the wash from swimming and WOW It went around and met up even over my hips!!! I was so excited!!!!
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I can touch my palms on the floor.....yay! Congrats on your success! :flowerforyou:
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I had an NSV yesterday!!!!...I always use beach towels because the regular bath sheets wouldn't close to cover me across the waist and hips...Yesterday I had to use one as mine were in the wash from swimming and WOW It went around and met up even over my hips!!! I was so excited!!!!

That's a good one. I am still in the beach towel phase but I bet it feels great to use a normal towel! Congrats!!!!
  • omgsaleslady
    omgsaleslady Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    scale isn't moving but i had to buy new jeans last weekend...and they are too loose today!
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    On Sunday I fully zipped up a dress I haven't been able to wear in three years!
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    I can touch my palms on the floor.....yay! Congrats on your success! :flowerforyou:

That's awesome! Its amazing the things we can do when we start to get in shape!
  • Crystaljk78
    Crystaljk78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have three things I can think of:

My fiance proposed to me with his grandma's wedding ring. When he gave it to me, I couldn't even get it past my middle knuckle. Now I can slide it on and off my finger with ease. :)

I find that I am less sleepy in the afternoons, but also able to sleep better at night.

I developed plantar fasciitis about a year and a half ago. Losing 25 lbs (about 15 of those before joining MFP) has made it all but disappear!
  • mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    After not stepping on the treadmill for a couple months (been doing p90x). My TV died last night and so I could not do my workout. Decided that I'd walk on the treadmill for a bit and wondered what I could do in the way of jogging. The last time I was on the treadmill I could only go 3 minutes before I had to walk. Last night I jogged 3.5 miles in 55 minutes without walking at all!!! I was soooo excited!!
  • LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273
    Options
    On Tuesday a friend took a picture of me and I didn't hate it. :tongue:
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    You guys rock!!! Keep em coming!
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I haven't ate a single thing in 3.25months without loggin it in my diary. Even went I went on vacation, I wrote everything down and logged it literally the minute I got home.

I can see my feet when I look down without bending my back to do so.

I've lost 9inches from my bra band size without going down a cup size. I've also lost several inches off my waist and biggest part of belly.

All my clothes r falling off of me (I wish I could afford new clothes).

Everyone can tell I've lost weight, even the checker at the grocery store.

I've never had one off day or cheat day..if I want something I make sure I can fit it into my calories.

I feel more confident with myself and am starting to be ok with my boyfriend of over a year and a half see me naked..
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    scale isn't moving but i had to buy new jeans last weekend...and they are too loose today!

That's a great feeling and it is especially encouraging when you haven't seen a change in the numbers at times.
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    On Sunday I fully zipped up a dress I haven't been able to wear in three years!

Don't you love it when old clothes become new again!
  • shelcof
    shelcof Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I can put on size 16s without sucking in (started at 22s)

There was a picture circulating work of my son and I at a volunteer event and I wasn't mortified to look at myself (and it was candid..you know what that means...I didn't have time to suck in and pose)

My coworker said someone was checking me out on Monday :)
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm eating enough (logging my calories has made me break the starve 6 days/binge one day cycle!), my workouts actually make me stronger and faster, instead of staying at the same fitness level forever and ever...it's so amazing to feel like my body can actually do things, rather than fail me!
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I was able to paint my toe nails and not gasp for air while doing it. :blushing:
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I have fit into several pieces of clothing that haven't fit me in at least a year for some, a couple of years for others.

My stomach no longer pokes out like it did, and I can wear more fitted shirts

A couple of people at work have commented on my weight loss

I feel confident, energized and attractive!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I’ve got a couple of nice remarks from my hubby this week.

He put his hand on my shoulder and felt my trapezius muscle (yes I had to google that!) … said “oooh muscles, you’ve been doin your pushups!”

and last night… ok, I’ve typed and erased this part a couple times… a little TMI… let’s just say he noticed I curve in at the waist again!!
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    These are all so great! They really encourage me and are inspiring! Keep it up and tell me some more. Come on peeps I know there are a lot more NSV's out there!
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I think the best thing is that people are starting to really notice that I have lost weight and are telling me that I look great. :smile:

But even better, my husband of almost 23 years (and who is one of my biggest supporters) has been telling me that I am "getting my curves back"! :wink:

I have also gotten back into riding bike and I never thought I would be able to ride a road bike with narrow tires and a small seat...but guess what???!!! I am! :happy: