Help with rewards please!

Options
BFit40
BFit40 Posts: 163 Member
After reading some posts and some really motivational blogs, I LOVE the ideas of rewards. Unfortunately, when I sat down to try and work out a rewards system for each 5lbs I lose I realised that one of issues is that I normally reward myself with FOOD!

So – this is where I need your help, my wonderful MFP community. What can I reward myself with that isn’t:

1. Food
2. Calorific treat drinks
3. Clothes – there’s no point until I reach my goal because they won’t fit me in the end.

Suggestions are very, very welcome!

Replies

• martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    haircut
    manicure
    pedicure
    waxing
    eyelash tint
    new dvd/cd/download

something for you essentially

martyxxx
  • littlelaurabear
    Options
    loads of nice treats out there for you that aren't food related. My signature shows what i have planned! x
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Buy workout gear (in a smaller size!), home gym equipment or exercise DVDs so your rewards help you earn even more awards!
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    How about a nice massage at a relaxing day spa, or if you can't afford that check with spas in your area to see if they offer a day pass. You'll get to use the facilities and feel pampered for a lot less money.

Tickets to a great show or concert would also be fun.

And you can always buy new shoes...they usually fit even AFTER you lose the weight. :)
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Save some money for a trip, put more money away the more you lose. I also agree with mani/pedi, etc. Or save your money for something that you really want, like new dvd's, a new hobby, or a makeover.
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Shoes
    Manicure
    Jewelery (like from Clairs or an accessory store, doesn't have to be expensive)
    Anything really that you want for YOU :)
  • beckusjane
    beckusjane Posts: 112
    Options
    Manicure/pedicure.
    Exercise DVDs.
    A movie night out.
  • Jamazurunner
    Jamazurunner Posts: 132
    Options
    How about a nice massage at a relaxing day spa, or if you can't afford that check with spas in your area to see if they offer a day pass. You'll get to use the facilities and feel pampered for a lot less money.

Yes I agree with this one! Spa or massage days are a great treat. Also, trips to local museums or art galleries are a nice treat. I sometimes reward myself to driving to the next city for a change of scenery- plus a fun place to run!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Some ideas:
    - Day to yourself (walk around the mall and window shop, try on discount clothing at the mall, go to the library and read a magazine, go to the beach)
    - Eyebrow wax, haircut trim