Let's do this!!!

Options
I used to be a personal trainer, and shortly after getting certified and working in the field I realized it was not for me. I know spend most of my days sitting behinds a desk - I love my job but I'd never thought I'd have a "deskjob". Motivation use to come a whole lot easier, now, its hard to come by. I need something that pushes me to not have that piece of cake or go for walk/jog instead of watching my favourite show or even doing the dishes (I'd rather do the dishes than go for a jog any day of the week) . Today is day 1 for me on MFP and I am looking forward to many many more!!!

Replies

• bunnyb11
    bunnyb11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Can i ask you a question??? As a personal trainer can you help someone that is wanting to lose weight and get healthy such as myself. i have been wanting to join a gym and work out with a personal trainer but i just cant afford it with me being a single mother of 2 children. i normally walk on my lunch hour @ work and sometimes i walk again in the evenings after work......Plz any advice would be appreciated as what more could i do. I currently do MFP and exercise an log each day.......PLZ forgive me if this offends you..........

Thanks & God Bless!!!!!!
  • ladybugz_247
    ladybugz_247 Posts: 120
    Options
    welcome!
  • pisces271
    pisces271 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I used to be VERY active - was never a personal trainer but I worked out everyday - and loved it! I worked in factorys so I did a lot of physical work and now well, I work in an office -sit at a desk all day long - and I have 2 kids - an 18 year daughter and a 2 year old son - my son kicks my butt now - I have no energy to keep up with him - I'm hoping this also gets me going a bit to go for those walks, bike rides and jogs - and to be able to keep up with my little man! Good luck on your journey!
  • katie_rn
    katie_rn Posts: 40
    Options
    Welcome! I've only been on MFP for <3 weeks but I find that when I am encouraging to others it motivates me more. In my mind, how can I encourage others to eat healthy and exercise if I'm not setting an example? There are lots of posts with people looking for the answers to the same questions I'm asking, and that motivates me too, that I'm not the only one wondering all this. No one has all the answers, but even words of encouragement from a stranger can mean a lot, in a healthy peer-pressure kind of way :)
  • Yeoville
    Yeoville Posts: 9
    Options
    Hey bunny, its gonna take alot more than that to offend me.
    I definately help with your weight loss - give you some tips and maybe answer some questions you may have. First off, walking is a great way to burn calories - those lower intensity workout burn more calories then lets say running at an insane speed for 30 minutes - that will more help you out with your cardiovascular health. Another tip on burning more calories, start adding some strength training (weight lifting) into a daily routine - This doesn't neccessarily mean going out and buying weights, there are alot of household items you can use instead ie. frozen food, jub of laundry detergent to use as dumbells.
  • mommyami1
    mommyami1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! I was a personal trainer, myself. I found after getting certified and working a while that, around here, personal trainers are a luxury, not a necessity, and when times are tough, no one needs a personal trainer. I have since gone back to working in a lab, which keeps me on my feet, but just not enough. Let's both help each other remember what we used to help others learn; not just with working out, but with the lifestyle of getting and staying healthy.