I hate days like this.... :(

Options
So i ate really well yesterday because i knew we were having a pizza party today at work. I said that i would only have 2 slices of pizza, but this morining there were donuts and yes i had one (glaze) @ 9am. then around 11am i had my breakfast-oatmeal and a banana. The pizza has arrived and i have 2 slices(4small squares) siting here on my desk. I am going back and forth in my head about how i do not want to eat this pizza, but i did not bring a lunch. AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hate moments like this. I know that i will end up eating this pizza around 2pm for my lunch, but then i will spend the next hour while in the gym trying to work it off and feeling guilty about it.

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    What if you have just once slice to hold you over and have a healthy snack when you get home?
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I had a day like that today except it was Chick Fil A for breakfast, sausage biscuit and hash browns. UGH!!! All that fat!! But boy did it taste yummy!!! I havent done that in a very long time!! Because I'm not used to eating breakfast like that I still feel full and havent had lunch yet and its been 6hrs since breakfast! I'll get a snack here soon.
  • 5weeks
    5weeks Posts: 38
    Options
    It looks like you still have over 350 calories for dinner, I say enjoy the pizza! Maybe get a walk in later just to be safe:wink:
  • jocelynlewis
    Options
    What if you have just once slice to hold you over and have a healthy snack when you get home?

Sounds like a deal to me!
  • hjkepler1
    hjkepler1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Own it, recognize it, move forward from it. Try to not let it destroy your day. I tend to dwell on it and then sabotage myself and go completely off th wagon...Tomorrow is a new day!! Go for a quick walk around the building to get away from it!!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly enough, sometimes those 'bad' days may not be such a bad thing... Don't really know the scientific explanation 4 it... But I know I had 2 slices of dominos pizza last week (still stayed w/in my goals)... & weighed in the next morning & lost 2lbs!! So enjoy the pizza (maybe just 1 slice, lol) & don't stress too much!!
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I hate when that happens, is there anyway you can have one slice and maybe get a small salad or something with it? You can always work it off so I wouldn't worry about the calories my concern would be the sodium. If you do decide to have it try not to let the guilt take away from you enjoying the pizza no sense eating it if your gonna feel so guilty about it you can't even enjoy it.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Okay, one thing that we all have to do during this journey is to be honest and you have done that so CONGRATS!!! Now, for me it's plain and simple...YOU WORK YOUR *kitten* OFF ALL THE TIME, and I really don't think that you can reverse ALL OF THE HARD WORK THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE with one day of enjoying some pizza today.:noway:

Even if you do have a slight gain(which I doubt because you are going to work it off), why should you feel guilty...you have not killed anyone, you have not stolen from anyone, you just ate some pizza, so my advice to you is that if it's gonna mess you up in a way that you're gonna feel bad about it later, don't do it, but if you know that you're gonna burn that pizza off(like you always do so well), eat your pizza and ENJOY IT because it's just food and not CRACK COCAINE, lol!!:huh:

I truly admire your dedication to your diet and working out and sometimes we all have to 'treat' ourselves and I know some may not agree with what I'm saying, but it's just my personal opinion and I want you to know that I'm here for you because you freaking ROCK and I don't want you to feel bad about ANYTHING because you should be giving yourself kudos each and every day for constantly being on tha grind girl....take some time to enjoy...it makes the journey just that much easier and better to deal with!!! Love ya!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I really don't think that you can reverse ALL OF THE HARD WORK THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE with one day of enjoying some pizza today

I have to agree. I've had a lot of personal bad stuff go on in the last two weeks. Tuesday night I hit my breaking point and went out with the guys to de-stress... Buffalo Wild Wings.... part of a chips and salsa appetizer, 18 chicken wings, and a top shelf long island. I'm still the same weight as I was on Monday because I drank TONS of water yesterday to knock out the sodium, and got right back on my regular eating habits Wednesday morning. You will be fine as long as you do as the other poster said; own it, deal with it, and move on with the next meal.
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    One day is not going to ruin your diet. I have a free day once a week and I have still managed to lose the weight. The problem is when one day turns into 2, then into 3 and so on. I am sure that you have worked hard and deserve to enjoy something that you haven't had in awhile. So enjoy the pizza and if you work out tonight push yourself a little harder! Drink lots of water and back to your normal tomorrow! You got this! No worries!!
  • Kappyoc
    Kappyoc Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you. Lets put things into perspective. Enjoy it and get back on the wagon tomorrow. We all do it, lets own it.